NGD - Skervesen Raptor 6 Carved - Purple burst

• Thread starter mehegama
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mehegama

Reaction score
Finally got it after 1.5 year wait. As always craftmanship is amazing and plays perfectly. The top is gorgeous and the pics do not do justice. This is my second Skervesen and cannot recommend them enough.
Specs are:
Mahogany body
Flamed maple top
bolt on maple-wenge neck
25.5' scale 42mm
Hipshot bridge and locking tuners
EMG 81-85 pickups
sker1.jpg
sker3.jpgsker2.jpg
IMG-20240416-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20240417-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20240417-WA0000.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
damn this is probably the best one I’ve seen in a while ! Absolutely stunning colours on that bad boy !

A retailer here in Canada gets them semi - often and I’ve always liked the way they look , and the specs , but never have the chance to play one . They actually just got one in with an evertune , it’s also purple , got me GASing so bad . Maybe one day I’ll own one . How thin are the necks ?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Well I'm not a Skervesen fan but I definitely dig the color scheme and execution!

mehegama

Reaction score
damn this is probably the best one I’ve seen in a while ! Absolutely stunning colours on that bad boy !

A retailer here in Canada gets them semi - often and I’ve always liked the way they look , and the specs , but never have the chance to play one . They actually just got one in with an evertune , it’s also purple , got me GASing so bad . Maybe one day I’ll own one . How thin are the necks ?
they are pretty comfortable, very similar in feel to the Thin-U of my Horizons. According to their site, it s 21mm-23mm at 1st and 12th fret respectively and compounding radius 14'-16'.
My Nebelung had a 43mm width and felt a bit weird, as I m used to the ESP 42mm necks. This one is perfect at 42mm.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score

I can vouch for Joel at Northerner Guitars, dude is extremely solid to deal with.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Perfect. That headstock is the best Skervesen headstock, IMO. Absolutely beautiful guitar. Congrats.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I can vouch for Joel at Northerner Guitars, dude is extremely solid to deal with.
I’ve been consistently looking at what they get in stock for years now . Will pull the plug one day , the one I mentioned is as close to what I’d order as a custom ( Floyd instead ) but without the wait or price . Glad to hear they’re good over there !