NGD: Strandberg Boden RESQ:D Black

• Thread starter DropTheSun
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DropTheSun

Reaction score
These RESQ: D models have been under my radar a long time. I would have loved the Pink color, that they released in the first patch. But I was too late on that party.

Other colors/specs after that weren’t appealing enough, but that changed now on december, when Strandberg released a new RESQ: D patch of Prog NX and Plini NX models. This time in BLACK!

I jumped in on a heart beat and ordered a 6-string Prog NX model with a chambered swamp ash body and maple top.

IMG_2265.jpeg

Specs:
-Chambered Swamp Ash body with Maple top
-Maple Neck
-Maple Fretboard
-Luminlay dots
-Strandberg OEM pickups
-5-way Switch
-1 Tone and 1 Volume

This guitar came perfectly setup. It is the first time, that I don’t have to adjust anything on a new guitar. String height is between 1.3mm-1.5mm and there is zero fret buzz. This is amazing! Pickups were at 2.5mm height and sound perfect. Quality Control on this is just pure perfection and I am so happy how this guitar feels and sounds.

Last edited:

DropTheSun

Reaction score
Yeah! You can’t never go wrong with a black finish IMO. Specially matte/satin finish is always classy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ConnorK

Post-Emo-Emo-Adjacent Anti-Active-Pickup Activist
Reaction score
Got the one of the gold RESQ:D 8 string models. I've wanted a Strandberg for a while, almost since I started playing, but never had the funds for it (so I missed the pink drop-I would have loved it as well lol). Super cool guitar, never played anything more comfortable or owned anything that sounded better or more versatile.

I was shocked that, like you said, I didn't have to set it up out of the box, despite not coming through a vendor like Sweetwater. Of course, since I live in a relatively unique climate so I decided to lower the action a smidge after a few weeks as everything seems to shift a bit when coming herer, as did my instruments after moving this summer. And now that I read your post, I realize I didn't even consider adjusting pickup height. These Strandberg OEM sets have treated me super well playing in stores, and now owning an 8 string with them I realize that they are my favorite extended range pickups since I am a passive purist.

Super happy to see the black model, these solid finishes look sleek, especially that satin black.

DropTheSun

Reaction score
Got the one of the gold RESQ:D 8 string models. I've wanted a Strandberg for a while, almost since I started playing, but never had the funds for it (so I missed the pink drop-I would have loved it as well lol). Super cool guitar, never played anything more comfortable or owned anything that sounded better or more versatile.

I was shocked that, like you said, I didn't have to set it up out of the box, despite not coming through a vendor like Sweetwater. Of course, since I live in a relatively unique climate so I decided to lower the action a smidge after a few weeks as everything seems to shift a bit when coming herer, as did my instruments after moving this summer. And now that I read your post, I realize I didn't even consider adjusting pickup height. These Strandberg OEM sets have treated me super well playing in stores, and now owning an 8 string with them I realize that they are my favorite extended range pickups since I am a passive purist.

Super happy to see the black model, these solid finishes look sleek, especially that satin black.
I would have jumped on that ”Goldtrain” patch if only there would have been a chambered body options. Because I already have two solid body Strandbergs I really wanted a chambered body next.

That Gold and Black combination looks super nice! Congrats!

About those OEM pickups:
They are very, very nice sounding pickups and I have no plans to swap them out. Eventhough I usually burn my money on Bare Knuckle pickups. The OEM’s sound brilliant in every position.

When I swapped BKP Silo Bridge pickup to my Strandberg Standard I thought, that it didn’t make any huge difference. Just a differend flavor. I’m not saying, that the Silo is bad sounding by any means. It’s a very nice pickup and I love it! But Strandberg OEM’s are just as nice.

DropTheSun

Reaction score
This is how much difference there is between Strandberg OEM pickup vs Bare Knuckle Silo:

If you listen very closely, you might hear the difference, but I’m pretty sure that no one would even notice the switch between pickups if I wouldn’t tell you there is a change.