NGD: Suhr Modern Buckeye Burl, Reverse Headstock

• Thread starter secretpizza
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AirForbes1

Reaction score
Man, that is so nice. I've played with the builder on Matt's Music quite a bit, and those have all the specs that I'd go for. The wiring is really interesting, will have to keep all of that in mind.

Congrats. That looks like a great instrument.

secretpizza

Reaction score
Thanks man! Honestly, I’d highly recommend these specs. The Scott Henderson wiring makes for absolutely perfect 2 and 4 settings, and the Andy wood redneck mod basically gives you a fatter single coil bridge tone which is pretty perfect for blues tones. Plus with the blower switch, you can leave the bridge pup on parallel and then use the blower as a ‘full bridge’ switch if you want it. It’s incredibly versatile.

I really can’t say enough good things. I’ve owned guitars from my ‘64 Gibson ES-335 to a 2018 Aristides and I’ve never played anything as fine as this. I don’t think I could recommend anything over a custom Modern. With a tremol-no installed, you really don’t need anything else.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AirForbes1

Reaction score
Thanks man! Honestly, I’d highly recommend these specs. The Scott Henderson wiring makes for absolutely perfect 2 and 4 settings, and the Andy wood redneck mod basically gives you a fatter single coil bridge tone which is pretty perfect for blues tones. Plus with the blower switch, you can leave the bridge pup on parallel and then use the blower as a ‘full bridge’ switch if you want it. It’s incredibly versatile.

I really can’t say enough good things. I’ve owned guitars from my ‘64 Gibson ES-335 to a 2018 Aristides and I’ve never played anything as fine as this. I don’t think I could recommend anything over a custom Modern. With a tremol-no installed, you really don’t need anything else.

Yeah, I really like the 5 way switch on my Ibanez RG, Position 2 being the bridge in parallel (Andy Wood redneck), and I really liked my Schecter KM-6 with no tone knob. I have a tremol-no installed on a cheap Sterling JP6 as I wanted to see if it worked as advertised before basing a guitar/build on being able to use one (it does). I'm narrowing down to a loaded JP6 (can get used, fairly easily), Kiesel (cheapest of the 3, new), or a Suhr Modern. Obviously, the Suhr is the pick of the bunch, but it's hard to find the specs I want used. So, congrats to you on finding your guitar. I'm super jealous, and I mean that in the best way.

secretpizza

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm about 10 days into ownership of this guitar and it seriously has changed my estimation of every other guitar I've played. When I play this guitar, I briefly rise out of hack-dom into respectability. That's the highest compliment I can give to any guitar company.

Jackkk

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Once saw this guitar on ebay and I really wanted this guitar! Is there any chance that you are selling this guitar?

petruccirocks02

EBMM/MESA User
Reaction score
Congrats! That is a killer Modern! I wish I had spent more time with mine before I sold it!

Mine had the blower switch as well, it was a pretty cool thing to have on there!

-Phil