NGD - Suhr Modern Koa

newfinator

The LORD OF BYRON
Reaction score
I recently revived this custom Suhr Modern from Matt at Matt's Music who showed great patience with my constant barrage of emails. It's a great place to deal with. I'd recommend them.

The oiled body is solid Koa, the neck/fingerboard is Pao Ferro and the electronics are wired like Guthrie Guvan's though with Aldrich pickups.
I was trying to combine my favorite aspects of my existing guitars into one "perfect for me" guitar and it seems it was successful. I wanted the raw wood feel, neck back shape, D-Tuna and percussiveness of my Wolfgang, the neck joint, Tremol-No, pickup configuration and general shape of my UV and the 10"-16" compound radius fingerboard, jumbo stainless frets and blower switch from my customized 80's Kramer Pacers.

Everything is there and the whole is greater than the sum of its parts in this case. Over the years I've owned or played pretty much everything from every major manufacturer and this is easily the best guitar I've ever played. I love this thing. Now, if I only had a seven string version.... hmmm

And some quick and crappy pics:
IMG_1429_zps40c34a5f.jpg

IMG_1428_zps03a651e5.jpg

IMG_1426_zpsa11d5c8a.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
Koa & gold, my new favorite combo. Congrats.

JDinSC

Reaction score
Holy shit..... Killer geet. I've toyed with the idea of a Suhr and played a few moderns. Excellent instruments, just out of my current budget.