NHL 2023-2024

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
EDM and COL last night was pure, unfiltered playoff hockey - only for Bouchard/Draisaitl to not play to the whistle, netting an Avs victory with 0.5 seconds remaining in OT.

Disappointing as that is, what a game.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Watching the Pens is just painful... up 4-0 against the Avs with 5:00 left in the 2nd and lost in OT.
I noticed the score when it was 3-0 and thought to myself: "hey, techno will finally have something good about the Pens to be happy about".

:facepalm:

Something we can both be happy about... Ottawa and Arizona both got wins, jumping over my Habs in the standings and approaching your Pens.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I noticed the score when it was 3-0 and thought to myself: "hey, techno will finally have something good about the Pens to be happy about".

:facepalm:

We were watching the game and they had just gone up 4-0 and I looked at my wife and said, "The worst part about this is I have zero faith they're going to win this."

And yup :facepalm:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Crazy to think that heading into the final stretch of ~10 games in the regular season that 7 teams are still well in contention for the President's Trophy.

Playoff situation in the West is looking likely settled, the first round of the playoffs looks to be an absolute dog fight this year. In the East I'm hoping that Philly slips out of a playoff spot and Detroit squeaks in. Mixed feelings about Washington.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Playoffs should be interesting. I am figuring the Pens will get just hot enough to climb to the 11th draft pick... which means they get nothing :lol:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
McDavid winning the Art Ross probably going to happen which is crazy considering the start he had. The Hart race though seems a lot closer this year with McDavid, MacKinnon, and Kucherov. I think Kucherov might grab it though. MacKinnon has Rantanen and McDavid has Draisait, they are both going to be 100pts plus guys. Next closest to Kucherov is Point, 45 pts behind.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
434374600_440261848363722_4128025893360651700_n.jpg

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I think Kucherov might grab it though.
Not only does he currently have the lead with 130 points coming into tonight's game vs Habs (+1 assist thus far), but that is on Tampa Bay's team total 260 goals.

50% 🤯

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Dallas is the 2nd highest scoring team in the league, has the best goal differential in the league, only has 1 ppg player, 1 30 goal scorer (and he's only 20!), and will likely end the season with 8 20+ goal scorers, and no forward plays even 19 minutes in a game.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know I watch this Pens lineup that has FINALLY come together with the infusion of call-ups from the AHL and a couple odd in-season pickups (bottom pairing defense are both up from Wilks and have been amazing and 3 bottom 6 "starters" are injured) and wonder how long we have before Sullivan fucks it up when veterans come back from injuries :lol:

The defense really worries me as Shea and St. Ivany have been fantastic while Graves has been terrible for 90% of the season and had advanced to ok before he was injured.... but Graves has a big NHL contract and is a couple years older so I can't help but think he'll be back in the lineup.

I also can't see how with the performance of Ludvig, Shea, and St. Ivany you can do anything but try to trade Graves in the off season. He has by far been their worst D-man and has a contract that his performance in the system clearly doesn't warrant.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
You know I watch this Pens lineup that has FINALLY come together with the infusion of call-ups from the AHL and a couple odd in-season pickups (bottom pairing defense are both up from Wilks and have been amazing and 3 bottom 6 "starters" are injured) and wonder how long we have before Sullivan fucks it up when veterans come back from injuries :lol:

The defense really worries me as Shea and St. Ivany have been fantastic while Graves has been terrible for 90% of the season and had advanced to ok before he was injured.... but Graves has a big NHL contract and is a couple years older so I can't help but think he'll be back in the lineup.

I also can't see how with the performance of Ludvig, Shea, and St. Ivany you can do anything but try to trade Graves in the off season. He has by far been their worst D-man and has a contract that his performance in the system clearly doesn't warrant.
Can relate, as soon as Hakanpaa comes back Deboer is going to force him into the lineup on a pair with Suter, where they'll be a complete black hole on the ice, instead of keeping Lundkvist with Suter where they actually play to each other's strengths. Stars are undefeated in the last I think it's 16 or 17 games Lundkvist has played in, funny enough. Hakanpaa sucks.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can relate, as soon as Hakanpaa comes back Deboer is going to force him into the lineup on a pair with Suter, where they'll be a complete black hole on the ice, instead of keeping Lundkvist with Suter where they actually play to each other's strengths. Stars are undefeated in the last I think it's 16 or 17 games Lundkvist has played in, funny enough. Hakanpaa sucks.

It is weird seeing the Pens be this good after being so inconsistent... and a bit alarming. Nothing like watching them up 3-0 with 10 minutes left and still having the sinking feeling that they're going to blow the game :lol:

Of course now they're in a position where they need a little help to make it in as their schedule is pretty tough compared to the teams ahead of them. Fun times.