NHL 2023-2024

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Ah, what a heartbreaking end to a legit magical season. It's always nice to see a franchise get their first cup, just wish it didn't have to be against EDM :lol:

Oilers '25 cup champions, you heard it here first!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Huh... so the Pens got Hayes and a second round pick in next year's draft for basically nothing

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Huh... so the Pens got Hayes and a second round pick in next year's draft for basically nothing
He and his AAV will fit right in with the rest of the old-folks roster :ugh:

Stoked about drafting Demidov (aka Demigod :lol:). We picked lots of centers and interestingly I noticed not a single player below 6'0, Hughes must be taking cues from dating-class women these days.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He and his AAV will fit right in with the rest of the old-folks roster :ugh:

Stoked about drafting Demidov (aka Demigod :lol:). We picked lots of centers and interestingly I noticed not a single player below 6'0, Hughes must be taking cues from dating-class women these days.

Eh $3.5 for 2 years isn't too bad given the 2nd rounder for taking him. Especially since he's good in the faceoff circle and still productive.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Eh $3.5 for 2 years isn't too bad given the 2nd rounder for taking him. Especially since he's good in the faceoff circle and still productive.
I thought his AAV was around $7m... sounds like a good/fair trade then.

The footage from the draft in the Sphere looks like an insane experience, must be crazy surreal for the prospects.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought his AAV was around $7m... sounds like a good/fair trade then.

The footage from the draft in the Sphere looks like an insane experience, must be crazy surreal for the prospects.

Yeah his contract is $7 and change but IIRC Philly & St Louis retained 50%.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
So Tampa traded for Guentzel's signing rights but haven't managed to sign him...
I just saw they did sign him. Kind of a shock they are bailing on Stamkos.

Cap’s getting Logan Thompson was a surprise. Apparently they setup a War room in Vegas for first day of free agency. I think Jensen is headed out and they are going to be more aggressive than I thought. Also after their Bears won back to back Calder Cups I figured they might give the younger guys more of a chance, but it’s not looking that way.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just saw they did sign him. Kind of a shock they are bailing on Stamkos.

I've seen nothing official yet. I mean the rumors said Carolina had signed him for 8 years $8 million... and his rights were traded later the same day :lol: At this point I don't want the Pens to pay what he's asking so just curious to see where he ends up.

Huh, Pens didn't qualify PO Joseph.

EDIT: Tampa signed Guentzel... 7 years at $9 million per.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Where my bruins fans @ today - what a flurry of moves!

Grz, heinen, forbort, debrusk OUT

Max Jones, Nikita Zadorov, Elias Lindholm, Riley Tufte, Billy Sweezy, Cole Koepke, Jordan Oesterle IN

Now do Swayman.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Boy, those sure are a lot of names beside Lindholm that I don't recognize coming in; Zadorov/Jones both look to have played in the league for some years already and none of them have better than a 22pt season, doesn't give any confidence.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I like Lindholm and Zadorov, I'm told that Jones is decent, and the rest of the names are depth jags.