NOS 1995 Ibanez content! (56K... really??)

• Thread starter amonb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
I picked her up today fresh from a trip over the Pacific....

1995 Ibanez s540LTD!

This thing is true New Old Stock... doesn't even have pick swirls. Pickups are a little meh but to be expected. I haven't even set her up yet and there are very little buzzes and the action is nice and low. The neck is FAST... will take some getting used to as I have been playing my baseball-bat like Tele Deluxe a lot, and lots of Strats too.

Now for some crappy cam pics!

Hawtness

swhole-1.jpg

Body hawtness

Sbody-1.jpg

Neck Hawtness

shead-1.jpg

Custom :lol:

scustom-1.jpg

My first bound Ibby neck...

sbinding-1.jpg

The S Family... s7420, s540LTD, SCA220 "S Classic"

Sgroupshot-1.jpg

:wub: :wub:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

77zark77

Reaction score
Congrats I own the same but with Bill Lawrence (the man) pickups

:yesway::yesway::yesway:

tommychains

That Guy
Reaction score
Nice score! I've seen places buy guitars, put them in the backroom, and just forget about it. Happened to a friend of mine. He was working at the local music store and unearthed a STILL BOXED IBANEZ MAXXAS MX5.

Apparently, the owner bought it when it first came out, but nobody asked about it, so into the back room it went. Eventually things just got placed around it, and it "disappeared" for close to 23 years.

Lucky bastard bought it for $700 :scream:

ibbyfreak13

Reaction score
Very nice find. Oddly enough my last find was an sca220 I scored for 50 bucks, bought it to flip it, put in work and a new bridge now I won't get rid of it!

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
Where did you pick this up at? I just happened to play one exactly like this two weeks ago xD

On ebay, dude called Carrguitar somewhere in the US. I missed out on the case cause of my country's ridiculous size restrictions, but I didn't mind!

Brilliant and much missed guitars those old 540s :)

It's only when I decided I wanted a floating-trem 6, and started investigating S models, that I realised how hard it is to get a good Japanese S these days without your wallet being raped. It's a damn shame. And the Bill Steer factor may have played a little part ;)

Very nice find. Oddly enough my last find was an sca220 I scored for 50 bucks, bought it to flip it, put in work and a new bridge now I won't get rid of it!

I would never get rid of mine. It was my first "real" guitar and was my main axe for about 10 years. I could never get rid of it. It always cheap as chips when it comes up on eBay, and is a great bargain if you ask me.

By the way, what bridge did you end up getting?

Congrats I own the same but with Bill Lawrence (the man) pickups

Which BL do you recommend for the s540?