Not so happy new gear day, kiesel photomatch gone wrong - FINAL UPDATE: 5-3-16

• Thread starter Konstantine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Fuck dude that looks awful, really hope they pull their heads out of their asses and fix this somehow:yesway:

Hopefully we can get some kind of warning before this thread disappears like it never happened, anyone wanna place bets for when that happens?:noplease::rolleyes:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
Fuck dude that looks awful, really hope they pull their heads out of their asses and fix this somehow:yesway:

Hopefully we can get some kind of warning before this thread disappears like it never happened, anyone wanna place bets for when that happens?:noplease::rolleyes:

Didn't it happen some weeks ago with a similar thread? Can't sem to find it anymore

MrWulf

Reaction score
Didn't it happen some weeks ago with a similar thread? Can't sem to find it anymore

The owner of the forum remove the thread. The mod apparently had no hand in it. Not surprising considering Kiesel is advertise in here after all.

Zado

Reaction score
The owner of the forum remove the thread. The mod apparently had no hand in it. Not surprising considering Kiesel is advertise in here after all.

Yeah the mods in here are nice people, I'd surprise me If they did something like that. Well I had plenty of reason not to buy a Kiesel anyway, this is just another drop into the sea.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Wow, I've been really thinking about trying out Kiesel lately, but gotta say, this is really terrible. And $2400? Did they really get that expensive for something so barebones? I thought that was closer to those Kiesel-edition K7 things.

downburst82

Reaction score
For years a Carvin dc-400 was my dream guitar. I saved up a few times but never quite got there before life/kids got in the way. I had always planned to go for it someday...not now. I just dont like the way they operate anymore :( My dream semi custom will eventually be built by fast guitars! They are still under the radar (gaining traction here:yesway:) but make great stuff and are local to me.

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
They couldn't make it lighter because it's a burl? But... it IS very light. Also very featureless.

edit: Oh, late to the party, sorry...

Lasik124

Reaction score
This is a bummer, sorry to see this happen. Thanks for sharing the word.

CircuitalPlacidity

Carnivorous Jesus
Reaction score
Sorry about your situation. Although it may not be what you want, this is a stunning guitar.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just glanced at the first pic. That finish is awesome. I would be appalled if what you received arrived at my door unless I asked for it. I was contemplating doing an order through these guys, but not after seeing this thread.

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
Ouch. What a terrible customer service. And that "color match" looks like they didn't even try... I hope everything will get right for you in the end.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Sucks man :(

Kinda ....ty, you order an option 50 and they won't let you return it even if they .... it up? Definitely doesn't bode well.

I wonder how that would go down in the EU, now that they deal direct to Europe. IIRC return policies are not optional here, and you have to accept returns for any reason up to 14 days or something.

ShadeOGreen

Reaction score
Can you post some additional pics of the Kiesel? In the one shot you have posted the contrast looks totally blown out. Maybe one where we can see the grain of the wood on the body?

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I was planning on ordering a Carvin for my 30th birthday this July. However after seeing this thread and a few others, I don't think I'll go that route. A real shame, I was glad to see they started selling direct to those outside the US again but I don't think I'd take the risk.

How is the guitar despite the mismatch in colour?

Hachetjoel

Ibanez whore
Contributor
Reaction score
Kiesel has no intention of resolving this so I would go ahead and do a Chargeback through your bank or cc company depending on who you used. You should be able to get your money back fairly easily.

skmanga

Reaction score
How do chargebacks work?
I've heard they taint your credit score..

Sad to hear Kiesel let ya down!!
I recently had a good look at their site after grabbing a new Schecter km7, I was kind of floored by the amount of options available on their site.

IMO that finish came out terrible!!
Why Kiesel would think that it would make someone happy is beyond me, even without the reference pics provided for the photo match...

jc986

Tone Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do chargebacks work?
I've heard they taint your credit score..

Sad to hear Kiesel let ya down!!
I recently had a good look at their site after grabbing a new Schecter km7, I was kind of floored by the amount of options available on their site.

IMO that finish came out terrible!!
Why Kiesel would think that it would make someone happy is beyond me, even without the reference pics provided for the photo match...

Credit card companies do keep a record of customers that frequently do chargebacks, but in and of itself, a single chargeback should have no impact whatsoever on your credit score.

skmanga

Reaction score
Interesting, ill have to save that for a real rainy day!!

So for instance in the OP's case, he would file a chargeback with his bank or CC company, and then return the item he isn't happy with back to Kiesel?

Bdtunn

Reaction score
It's a shame they've gone this way. I've stopped following them on everything and sold mine off just because they leave a bitter taste in my mouth now. I really enjoyed their stuff for years when they were carvin. I give them credit on the headless and mutlis avail to the masses. But man if you even dig a little you can get a full custom for close to the price of a optioned Keisel. Sorry about your guitar, that's not even close.

awake69

Reaction score
Wrong, wrong, wrong and more wrong! Given the popularity and price range of Kiesel, I can't believe they wouldn't make this right for you. As others have said here, I think a chargeback is in order. That's a chunk of change for you to drop and have them mess it up like that. I'm so sorry they screwed it up for you. Hopefully, somehow, this will get resolved.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I actually really like the one that you got, but it's nowhere near the reference pic you sent. Pretty ....ed up to send out something that clearly doesn't match and then refuse to take care of it. I think I'm done with Kiesel for now. We've got two, and they're great, but they seem to be going down that familiar "once great" custom shop road. I'm glad to have experienced the good part of it, but really don't feel like risking further money.

Status
Not open for further replies.