"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

âśťâśťâśť
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To kayak or not to kayak. That is the question.
tenor.gif

Moongrum

Reaction score
Dumb question...
swamp ash is the wood that supposedly grows submerged underwater. It's also lighter than normal ash.
What is it about growing underwater that makes it lighter?

Moongrum

Reaction score
Dumb question...
swamp ash is the wood that supposedly grows submerged underwater. It's also lighter than normal ash.
What is it about growing underwater that makes it lighter?
I think I might have this wrong, only the roots grow underwater?

tedtan

Reaction score
I think I might have this wrong, only the roots grow underwater?
It’s a different species of ash (there are several species in North America), and the rarest. It grows in swampy areas, so the roots and base of the tree can be underwater, but the majority of the tree is above the water line.

Moongrum

Reaction score
It’s a different species of ash (there are several species in North America), and the rarest. It grows in swampy areas, so the roots and base of the tree can be underwater, but the majority of the tree is above the water line.
Ah, okay, i was under the impression they were same species, just grown in different environments.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
NIIIICE.
As someone strongly against the sophists of yore, I'd say that is exactly why "debates" as you've described them are useless. We don't need a team of people giving us the logical form of an argument. That part is usually not difficult. I want to know if I should modus ponendo ponens or modus ponendo tolens, not that both are allowable by the laws of logic. As Harman correctly argued, logic only tells you what follows from what, not what to believe.

*This is, by far, the nerdiest post I've ever made on SSO.
I do take fault for it not being a debate, I admit that fully. It's more of a knee jerk reaction to someone citing something plainly.

You know this, but logic is profound as long as you understand that logical paradoxes or inoperative theories can all be resolved by changing or elaborating on the original assumptions. It's useful as a way to challenge those assumptions which in almost all cases are resting on fleetingly operative theories themselves. In response to that Cynic (Diogenes) spell you just cast on me I shall invoke artistolean protection, with the ability to consider more than one assumption at a time while understanding the changing simultaneous implications of their respective viability at different levels in procedural freeform. I would also break down the term "believe" as quoted with the same notion, and then probably rant about cartesian doubt.

The art of the debate still being a totally different conversation I think, probably another long one nobody including me wants lol.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
That's twice that I got baited back into this debate, and didn't take it.

All of us that were participating in it got ratioed by people in this thread that don't want to read anymore of that shit so I let it go. In the interest of the majority participants in here, I'd suggest the rest of you take the hint.

Attachments

• rs_500x266-151005100144-MONDAY-1454643827.gif
    rs_500x266-151005100144-MONDAY-1454643827.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 14

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Fucking hell, I just cooked my back at the gym; upped my normal back routine since I felt like I was stagnant, so instead of 4x12/130 seated rows, I did 2x10/160 and then 1x10 at 150, then 140. Then after some rest, I went over and did neutral grip lat pulldowns, think I went up by 15lbs as well for 4x10.

I was feeling it just sitting in the locker room cooling down and cleaning up to go home