"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I went to DCGL yesterday. Was eyeballing a Wlde Thoraxe but I HAD TO TAKE A WICKED SHIT.
Now there are perfectly fine facilities front and center there. Like you can greet people coming in the door, anyway I bugged out and hit up a hotel lobby and couldn't make it back. Place is a candy store. Next time. Wallet: safe.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
What do you guys think of TesseracT's vocals? I was not into them for a long time but grew to not mind them because I feel they fit the music.

I remember when the popularity of bands like saosin, underøath, the devil wears prada, from autumn to ashes, etc was in full effect and I had friends jam it down my throat for years. I have a pretty high tolerance for nasally whining vocals as a result. Not my cup of tea but if the riffs or melody sounds good I can put up with it.
Underoath and Saosin fuck.

jaxadam

Reaction score
For all you dads out there.

448307490-18405913999074379-6779384355488723644-n.jpg

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I personally like and respect Spencer quite a bit, but I fully know that he's not to everyone's taste. But spewing hate towards the dude without knowing a single thing about him is straight up sad.

But I forgot, this is SSO..... hur dur Periphery bad...

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I personally like and respect Spencer quite a bit, but I fully know that he's not to everyone's taste. But spewing hate towards the dude without knowing a single thing about him is straight up sad.

Who was spewing hate?

Edit: okay, I see one possibility. But that's pretty mild. Like, mild Pace Picante-level.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
But spewing hate towards the dude without knowing a single thing about him is straight up sad.
I think it's pretty obvious that I have already admitted I don't like him personally based on a superficial assessment of how he comes off to me personally, though full disclosure it's from seeing him act aloof in person before and after shows. He seems consistently childish and flashy. Maybe he's a nice guy in reality, I wouldn't know one way or another beyond the stupid shit that comes out of my mouth- but I'm not trying to make it out for anything insightful. It's just my opinion, dude's a goober. You can think the same of me if that's easier to swallow.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I personally like and respect Spencer quite a bit

So, I'm kinda drunk and don't know what Spencer we're talking about, even though I called him a fag on social media when he did it, the dude from From First To Last made some banger ass dubstep songs.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Had some fun in the skillet today, made some "Neapolitan" Pizza and for desert we made a icing drizzled Strawberry and Hot Honey Cornbread, the picture was only remembered during the baking portion, sorry! But just imagine a perfect flaky crust with drizzled icing! Very happy with the results.

View attachment 144921View attachment 144923

Loving this thing lol

14_scorpbnrt.webp

narad

Reaction score
As far as I understand, if you are dropping F bombs in the first 30 seconds of a video the automatic content moderation will kill your video in the algorithm, but after that you can do whatever you want. So you'll see some YouTubers bleep out cuss words for exactly 30 seconds and then immediately drop an f bomb just to show their spite.

From the pov of people implementing it, that doesn't seem like it would make a lot of sense to enact a fixed threshold, nor to place it at the beginning of the video where offensive content is less likely to be.

narad

Reaction score

He could be the coolest and nicest chap in the world. But in this context, he's fuckin' up those songs. Not sure whose to blame for the lyrics but they aren't helping him out either.

At any rate we'll be able to AI swap his vocals pretty soon. That should pose some ethical dilemma for the AI haters.

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
From the pov of people implementing it, that doesn't seem like it would make a lot of sense to enact a fixed threshold, nor to place it at the beginning of the video where offensive content is less likely to be.
From their policy update as of March of last year:

Effective March 7, we are making the following changes:
  • Usage of moderate profanity at any time in the video is now eligible for green icons.
  • Usage of stronger profanity, like the f-word in the first 7 seconds or repeatedly throughout the majority of the video can now receive limited ads (under the November update, this would have received no ad revenue). See specific examples of moderate and stronger profanity in our Help Center article.
  • Video content using profanity, moderate or strong, after the first 7 seconds will now be eligible for green icons, unless used repetitively throughout the majority of the video (under the November update, this would have received no ad revenue).
  • We’ve also clarified our guidance on how profanity in music is treated; moderate or strong profanity used in background music, backing tracks, intro/outro music can now earn full ad revenue (previously this would have received no ad revenue).
  • Use of any profanity (moderate or stronger profanity) in titles and thumbnails will still be demonetized and cannot run ads, as was the case before the update in November,

narad

Reaction score
From their policy update as of March of last year:

Effective March 7, we are making the following changes:
  • Usage of moderate profanity at any time in the video is now eligible for green icons.
  • Usage of stronger profanity, like the f-word in the first 7 seconds or repeatedly throughout the majority of the video can now receive limited ads (under the November update, this would have received no ad revenue). See specific examples of moderate and stronger profanity in our Help Center article.
  • Video content using profanity, moderate or strong, after the first 7 seconds will now be eligible for green icons, unless used repetitively throughout the majority of the video (under the November update, this would have received no ad revenue).
  • We’ve also clarified our guidance on how profanity in music is treated; moderate or strong profanity used in background music, backing tracks, intro/outro music can now earn full ad revenue (previously this would have received no ad revenue).
  • Use of any profanity (moderate or stronger profanity) in titles and thumbnails will still be demonetized and cannot run ads, as was the case before the update in November,

Yea, I mean, even if we ignore the 7-sec vs. 30-sec mismatch, the following is not at all an accurate representation of the above policy:

As far as I understand, if you are dropping F bombs in the first 30 seconds of a video the automatic content moderation will kill your video in the algorithm, but after that you can do whatever you want. So you'll see some YouTubers bleep out cuss words for exactly 30 seconds and then immediately drop an f bomb just to show their spite.

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yea, I mean, even if we ignore the 7-sec vs. 30-sec mismatch, the following is not at all an accurate representation of the above policy:

The 30 second part was outdated info coming from 2021, when the policy was changed from allowing no profanity in the first 30 seconds of a video to allowing moderate profanity in the first 30 seconds of a video:

And yeah, it is actually completely accurate because demonetized and moderated content gets killed by the algorithm and doesn't get promoted.

Attachments

• Screenshot (144).png
    Screenshot (144).png
    29 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

narad

Reaction score
The 30 second part was outdated info coming from 2021, when the policy was changed from allowing no profanity in the first 30 seconds of a video to allowing moderate profanity in the first 30 seconds of a video:

And yeah, it is actually completely accurate because demonetized and moderated content gets killed by the algorithm and doesn't get promoted.

Again it seems like a far cry from "but after that you can do whatever you want" when you look at the actual policy outlined above where they clearly state the whole video is screened for offensive content. And since this is Google you can be confident that the output of that scanning is some sort of numerical score and not a yes/no decision. Try to "game" the system at your own risk of having your videos demoted.

CleansingCarnage

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Again it seems like a far cry from "but after that you can do whatever you want" when you look at the actual policy outlined above where they clearly state the whole video is screened for offensive content. And since this is Google you can be confident that the output of that scanning is some sort of numerical score and not a yes/no decision. Try to "game" the system at your own risk of having your videos demoted.
Well I didn't literally mean you could do anything, we were just talking about throwing out f-bombs.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I'd be happy with them banning the misuse of "there is", "there are", "fewer", and "lesser". That gets so far under my skin at this point because they all seem to do it. I obviously don't give a shitting fuck what type of language they use otherwise, we all know I got a potty mouth.

"There's (singular) no new profanity monetization policies (plural)." Please, stop this shit. It should be "There are no new profanity monetization policies" or "There is no new profanity monetization policy change".

Less and fewer are both antonyms for anything meaning more, though "fewer" is in regard to intervals and "lesser" is in regard to proportion or magnitude. "There are less ducks on the lake today" means the ducks there are lesser ducks today. "There are fewer ducks on the lake today" means there are not as many ducks on the lake today.

I'll stop before getting into "Intresting" and "Nuke-ular", I think those are obvious.