"Not Worth its own thread" Thread

• Thread starter CanserDYI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Someone explain the appeal of a 21-fret guitar over a 22-fret that doesn't involve aesthetic preference, or the ease of pulling a pickguard.

Today I ran across someone who said, "There's just a slightly different feel between a 21 fret strat and a 22 fret. I like the feeling of a 21 fret, and would like to own one"

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Someone explain the appeal of a 21-fret guitar over a 22-fret that doesn't involve aesthetic preference, or the ease of pulling a pickguard.

Today I ran across someone who said, "There's just a slightly different feel between a 21 fret strat and a 22 fret. I like the feeling of a 21 fret, and would like to own one"
Puts the south coil under the much desired 24th fret position? Idk

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd only be interested in the 7 string Max Fly... Those things are frickin hawt
I was kind of a purist about a fly shape being a fly shape back when you could get these, but in retrospect I'd appreciate the legit fly features without the rib poker. Still, fuck that headstock and also earless pickup gang 4 lyfe

gabito

Stay at home musician
Reaction score

There's no money above the 21th fret, I guess.

tedtan

Reaction score

There’s no practical difference between a 21 fret and a 22 fret strat. The 21 is just “vintage correct”, so it’s probably a mental thing for the player.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Just sold a guitar body to a guy who was the hawk tua image of Aaron from Warmoth. Even talked like him.

I'm a little far from Georgia so it must have just been his doppelganger or twin brother.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
On another note,

Watching this right now gives me the same feeling as when you're watching a movie alone as a kid and your mom walks in the INSTANT the only sex scene of the movie comes onscreen.

Pure embarrassment.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
On another note,

Watching this right now gives me the same feeling as when you're watching a movie alone as a kid and your mom walks in the INSTANT the only sex scene of the movie comes onscreen.

Pure embarrassment.

I saw a comment on this video that said Josh wasn't even doing coke at that time. Lol wut?

Latest posts