NPD: BKP Warpig In Vixen #2 (Pics/Brief Thoughts)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sweet review dude. How do you think the Nailbomb would have fared in the mahogany winged Vixen?

I think it would have faired great in that one too, perhaps even better. I just felt it made the most sense to put the ceramic in the mahogany one, and the alnico V in the poplar one. :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting one of these for my 6 string, but i'd get an Alnico V magnet, not ceramic.

I love my Nailbomb more each day! :metal:

Sweet review dude. How do you think the Nailbomb would have fared in the mahogany winged Vixen?

Just to chime in on this, I put a Nailbomb (With the Alnico V magnet) into my Gryphon, which is mahogany, and I gotta say, the results were impressive. I got pretty much the same results as Zim did when he put his Nailbomb in. It's pure tone heaven! Agressive, fat, but TIGHT low end, and a singing smooth top end. I posted a review about it in the reviews section here. The Nailbomb owns every other pickup i've ever tried. Tuning to Bb on a mahogany guitar with an Alnico magnet pickup proved to be everything it shouldn't have been. The Mahogany/Nailbomb combo doesn't get muddy, has plenty of punch, and everything is in perfect balance. In fact, the Nailbomb is MUCH tighter than the Ceramic Lundgren M7 I had in it previously, which surprised me. (I found the Lundgren to be muddy IMO, but by no means was the M7 a bad pickup, just sayin')