Obscura - A Valediction (19-11-2021)

• Thread starter Pietjepieter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pazuzuya

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That moment when a man's three fingers do more work than your four

I play music

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel David Diepold's drumming didn't have any feeling when it came to the song? I don't know, it just sounded so generic to me, though he really can play as his YouTube videos prove.
Being able to technically play everything, is one thing, writing interesting drum parts another

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
Like the new single!

Think solaris was slightly better, but I like the very song focused heavy sound of the singles

Boris_VTR

Reaction score
Guitar tone sounds fine to me, not sure what is the issue. Fredman studio usually gets that right. Dont have complaints about the mix also, everything is audiable. Very polished sound might I add.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
^ Sounds like Alkaloid to me. It's heavy af and I guess it'll serve as a nice change of pace on the album, but this is definitely not what I'm looking for when listening to Obscura.

Rosal76

Reaction score
Even got Bjorn from Soilwork to sing the chorus. I like it. :yesway:

I love Obscura and I had already pre-ordered the new album but not gonna lie. This was the first time I was paying more attention to what was in the video than the actual music. I love American muscle cars.

GenghisCoyne

im here to party
Reaction score
call me old fashioned but the drummer didnt flip a drumstick in the air and look at the camera enough.

Pietjepieter

Contributor
Reaction score
What a cool song, did not expect something like this from Obscura. But totally love it!

damn cool solo's as well, love the neo classic part at 1:08!

Edit: also at 1:30, will try to learn that one for sure!