Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Oh jeez, you're doing kickstarter too!? :D

I forget, which were the builders who scammed you? Vik, BRJ, OAF?
Not OAF - i don’t think he scammed anyone. If anything, he gave me faith in it all. Honestly, the one that burned me the most was DAR amps. His wasn’t a situation that he ran out of money, got sick, etc. He just decided he wanted to do real estate with his brother, and stopped sending out amps. My amp was sent to him for a repair, and I just never got it back. He got to be quite hostile about it, and I just wanted to go pick it up. Anyway, don’t want to turn this into the Hollowway thread instead of Daemoness, but that was the most egregious burn.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I member that DAR thing, never really looked financially viable but that outcome is disgraceful

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
OAF doesn't deserve to be named in the same sentence as those crooks. :)

Yea, not trying to incriminate OAF, just that I sort of vaguely remember some like between @Hollowway and OAF and couldn't remember how it worked out. Honestly couldn't even remember if OAF went bad. Basically if I stop hearing the name, the idea of them going out of business and "scamming" people as they went down is a pretty reasonable assumption at this point!

And yea, DAR sucks. I know a guy in the UK who basically not owed just an amp, but a whole pallet of those amps...shitton of money

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Or he could be like Zordon and place himself in a time warp and recruit five high school kids to build guitars using giant dinosaur robots.

How dare you, he recruited five TEENS WITH ATTITUDE to be his Power Rangers, not kids!

Don't let this happen again, Max.

oracles

Reaction score
yeah, but people paid a LOT
True, but the failure rate of those amps is almost 100%, and they're irreparable because no one will touch them, and they use unobtanium parts just for the sake of it. Even if people had gotten the amp they paid for, it'd just be an expensive, non-functional paperweight.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
We've really gone from "if Dylan is having trouble with woodwork he should focus on his art and just paint other guitars" to "Dylan should order WMI guitars with AI art on them"?

Like what did you guys think was the appeal of Daemoness?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We've really gone from "if Dylan is having trouble with woodwork he should focus on his art and just paint other guitars" to "Dylan should order WMI guitars with AI art on them"?

Like what did you guys think was the appeal of Daemoness?

Don't take Possum too seriously.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I might be wrong on this but weren't they also impossible to profile with a Kemper?
That seems very dubious. I don't know how that would work unless the amp recognized the Kemper DI and cut it, like what people were worried about with the vhx.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score

6 fingered blurry designs on a fixed spec mass made guitar that needs £100,000 of upfront payment to manufacture in WMI, another 6 figures to set up a UK workshop with staff to receive & setup these guitars and dealers to ship the guitars worldwide. Dylan will surely have no problem raising all the capital and not using is artistic talents in this new business model.