Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Isn't that the same guy who said he will never play it because he solely bought it as an investment and inherit it to his children?

To think, he could have bought $4k in Nvidia stock...

Do you think one days he's gonna wonder why his kids put him in a home and never visit him?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Anyone catch VictoriousWeapons (Kyle from Vitriol) on IG talking about getting his new Daemoness and that Mr. Scumbag himself is trying to start up shop again after running away with people money.

I mean, what do you want? He's definitely not going to get people's money back to them without starting up shop again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mechanos71

Reaction score
This has literally just turned into the BRJ Black Friday thread… it’s pretty hysterical. We just need people to start trying to identify whose guitar parts end up on new customer builds.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Anyone catch VictoriousWeapons (Kyle from Vitriol) on IG talking about getting his new Daemoness and that Mr. Scumbag himself is trying to start up shop again after running away with people money.
No. What was the gist of it - anything different than what we’ve been hearing? ie that he was looking for a place and was going to continue the business.

jco5055

Reaction score
No. What was the gist of it - anything different than what we’ve been hearing? ie that he was looking for a place and was going to continue the business.
Kyle just says that the guitar is now in Lee Garver's hands for finishing (I guess that's all that was left for his guitar to have done) and presumed setup, "while Dylan relocates Daeomoness HQ".

mehegama

Reaction score
well, it says "while Dylan is relocating the Daemoness HQ".
This exactly what Dylan is saying since 2020, nothing new here, technically he has not shut the shop down and run with people's money, he s been trying to find a place to resume.

What I really read from this post is that someone had enough went there took his unfinished guitar and gave it to someone else to finish it.

BRJ all along.

mehegama

Reaction score
I mean, what do you want? He's definitely not going to get people's money back to them without starting up shop again.
Even though I agree in principle, I doubt Dylan will give money back to anyone. Best thing he ll offer, imo, would be to resume the waiting with vague delivery times.

narad

Reaction score
Even though I agree in principle, I doubt Dylan will give money back to anyone. Best thing he ll offer, imo, would be to resume the waiting with vague delivery times.

Maybe, but that's also his loss because building guitars and doing art stuff is probably the best possible job for him. That is sort of why I don't rule out the builds resuming -- it's the best outcome for both parties. But sure, I don't put much faith in that happening anytime soon.

ECGuitars

Reaction score
Maybe, but that's also his loss because building guitars and doing art stuff is probably the best possible job for him. That is sort of why I don't rule out the builds resuming -- it's the best outcome for both parties. But sure, I don't put much faith in that happening anytime soon.
Doubt it ever happens, nail him to the wall of shame along with BRJ, Decibel, S7G etc.

narad

Reaction score
I mean, I guess but I think the whole point of the shaming is to increase visibility and to prevent people from continuing to give people money. Vik is a perfect example. If Vik was dead, I don't see why we would bother to harp on him, apart from a cautionary tale of little known luthiers in general. Instead, you still have people giving this guy money and saying, "well, it won't happen to me, my friend got his guitar". Then it fucking does and they come to the forums to post in outrage about how could this behavior be tolerated!

So yea, no one can get a new build with Dylan, so what's the point.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean, I guess but I think the whole point of the shaming is to increase visibility and to prevent people from continuing to give people money. Vik is a perfect example. If Vik was dead, I don't see why we would bother to harp on him, apart from a cautionary tale of little known luthiers in general. Instead, you still have people giving this guy money and saying, "well, it won't happen to me, my friend got his guitar". Then it fucking does and they come to the forums to post in outrage about how could this behavior be tolerated!

There's a Vik Reverb account with a 5 star rating. Hopefully people who actually got burned by him are loud enough to scare away potential buyers.

I hope Dylan gets back to it someday. He's super talented.

narad

Reaction score
Reverb's about the only way I could ever recommend to purchase a Vik.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah, like BRJ is dead. I think we can stop flogging that horse.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
There's a Vik Reverb account with a 5 star rating. Hopefully people who actually got burned by him are loud enough to scare away potential buyers.

I hope Dylan gets back to it someday. He's super talented.
But Reverb offers buyers plenty of protection, no? If he's conducting transactions on reverb by the book that's a good thing for people who want to buy his stuff.