Peavey 6505 212 Combo

• Thread starter bracky
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
I picked up a “new” 6505 yesterday for $800. That was a lot but it’s essentially flawless and I’ve always wanted one. I was wondering if someone could date it for me from the serial number? I think it was sitting on the floor of Melodee music in Virginia since new. It sounds incredible. :)

IMG_4204.jpegIMG_4205.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Looks clean! I used to have one just like it :metal:

Peavey has a serial number lookup online that will at least give you a production year for it :yesway:

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
It didn't work with my serial, but I think I figured it out. Plant #3 In Feb of 2017. 6 years new. :D

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
If Peavey was still using Sheffield speakers in it then yeah definitely upgrade. It’s the best and easiest mod to do to make the combo sound killer.

TheBlackBard

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh man... that's a weapon of destruction right there. Awesome pickup!!!

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
It sounds really nice with the stock speakers but just for fun what is the goto swap for this amp? :D

PuckishGuitar

Wife has Dior, I have ESP
Reaction score
Happy NAD! That's a beast of a combo amp, I can live on the rhythm channel, gained at 8 and with the crunch on.

V30's are probably one of the go-tos for speaker replacement, but I mainly it through my Mesa 8ohm cab by unplugging the internal speaker jack on the amp and plugging the cabinet into the EXT. More on this here. have been looking at getting new speakers for it internally though, thinking of Creamback and V30 pairing, although would like to find another option for the V30. I've seen various Eminence speakers recommended, mainly Governors and Swamp Thangs, but I don't have much experience with their tones.

Highly suggest getting some casters to help move it around, at least this one has some side grips instead of having to one-hand the old 5150s everywhere.

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
I love how the head and cabinet are isolated. It’s now my most unique amp. :)

The rubber handles are funny considering the weight.

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
awesome find - incredibly clean
Thanks. I feel lucky to have come across it. But obviously it wasn’t just flying off the shelf either. He had it priced at 1,200. I didn’t really think he would accept my offer but here we are. 😀

sirbuh

Reaction score
1.2k high no doubt, i think you got fair value.
Thanks. I feel lucky to have come across it. But obviously it wasn’t just flying off the shelf either. He had it priced at 1,200. I didn’t really think he would accept my offer but here we are. 😀

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m getting too old to lift these things. Worth it though. I think my soul left my body for a brief moment. 😂

Seeing in sitting on the massive Orange cabinet and next to a half stack really shows the scale of this thing.

View attachment 129989

Those things are backbrakers for sure. That Schecter Hellraiser probably ain't light, either :lol: I used to have one exactly like it.