Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
^He can share his opinion just as you can.
And this isn't an Oceano thread, that's probably why.
Or nobody likes them enough to honestly want to listen to that.

I like Spencer's singing a lot more as well. :2c:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shrikkanth

Reaction score
Good God, 2:03 is just too damned epic.

My favourite part too! I love how they've used the same rhythm as in the original demo but shifted around the bass notes to make it work with the new lead and vocals. It's the melodic climax that the original didn't have. Fantastic.

I'm gonna organise a group pre order of the EP with some friends today or tomorrow.. this has been a pleasant reminder :)

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
Hey buddy (and the other haters), STOP KNOCKING ON SPENCER! He works his ass off. If you don't like the guy, fine, go troll a youtube video or something. The fact is, he works his ass off and does a great job in my opinion.

are you his mom?

damn, remind me to never post my opinion in a periphery thread again.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I just discovered I have a midterm the night of the Jaxx show. I am immensely angry. ><

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Wow, Spencer sounds incredible. His lows in the beginning of the song sound just... incredible, that's really the only word I can come up with.

Oh and a great song too!

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
OYES. Bulb's production has improved as well. sounds huge.

For me that isn't what makes the production better. His mixes are always huge. He has definitely improved though. To me, it feels more dynamic as a whole, as opposed to uniform dynamics. While yes, this is a fairly uni-dynamic track, dynamics are present, possibly the absolute hardest thing to do while producing.

:yesway:

Guitarman700

Reaction score
For me that isn't what makes the production better. His mixes are always huge. He has definitely improved though. To me, it feels more dynamic as a whole, as opposed to uniform dynamics. While yes, this is a fairly uni-dynamic track, dynamics are present, possibly the absolute hardest thing to do while producing.

:yesway:

That's kinda what I meant, you just phrased it better than I could. :lol:
To me, the S/T album was lacking a certain something in the mix. Not saying I didn't LOVE it, but this just sounds SO much better.

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
are you his mom?

damn, remind me to never post my opinion in a periphery thread again.

Forgive me for sounding like a jerk. I just feel bad for Spencer because of all the negative comments he's gotten for being compared to Chris, or Casey, or whoever. I just don't think people cut him enough of a break is all. I apologize for coming off harshly :/

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Thing is... I think Spencer is easily just as good as, if not better at this point, Chris or Casey.

Chris has a scream that I miss, but it sounds like Spencer has been workin on his a LOT. So... as long as he keeps that up for the new album(s), he'll eeeeasily be the best Periphery's had.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Thing is... I think Spencer is easily just as good as, if not better at this point, Chris or Casey.

Chris has a scream that I miss, but it sounds like Spencer has been workin on his a LOT. So... as long as he keeps that up for the new album(s), he'll eeeeasily be the best Periphery's had.

+1

I never liked the straightforward (if I'm using the correct word) voice of Chris. He didn't add anything personal to the band. Just sayin'.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^That's a good word for it, in my opinion.

I wish Periphery would come a little closer to me than Atlanta. Money's too tight for a 6 hour trip. Plus then I gotta take off work.

Jacksonville, FL! Orlando, Daytona, somethin!

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
for the record I think he's a great singer, I just don't like his screaming. But for what it's worth, I don't like the screams of chris or casey either that much, though chris probably had the best one.

I like spencer's clean voice a lot, that's it, and even though I'm not a huge fan of the band, I do like them, and I generally like Periphery the most when there's clean singing going on, I think it sounds a lot better over such busy but still melodic music. that's all.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
^That's a good word for it, in my opinion.

I wish Periphery would come a little closer to me than Atlanta. Money's too tight for a 6 hour trip. Plus then I gotta take off work.

Jacksonville, FL! Orlando, Daytona, somethin!

I wish Periphery would come a little closer to me than Britain. Money's tight for a 2 hour flight from Helsinki Finland to London.

sahaal

Reaction score
Spencer's growls at the start sound just like James Lee from Origin's were, that's fraking incredible.