Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shrikkanth

Reaction score
Criticism aside I find it hilarious how much hate Periphery's getting over this cover. Maybe it's because I've pretty much always been of the opinion that most of Metallica's music is complete crock and that Kirk Hammet should barely even be considered a guitarist.. but comments like "this is a disgrace to good music" just make me laugh.

The sloppy, out of key yet for some reason wildly famous Master of Puppets solo.. THAT is a disgrace to good music.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
I'm not a Metallica fan. At all, and to be honest I'll have to be very convinced to get the Icarus EP, but I personally quite enjoyed the cover. I'd rather Spencer's constantly improving screams to a James impression :ugh:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Criticism aside I find it hilarious how much hate Periphery's getting over this cover. Maybe it's because I've pretty much always been of the opinion that most of Metallica's music is complete crock and that Kirk Hammet should barely even be considered a guitarist.. but comments like "this is a disgrace to good music" just make me laugh.

The sloppy, out of key yet for some reason wildly famous Master of Puppets solo.. THAT is a disgrace to good music.

Maybe the amount of hate is a good sign to how popular they are becoming. Haters will always hate, because they are on the internet and nobody can slap any sense into them.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score

you suck at metal.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Of course they're getting hate, it's MetalSucks. They used to be called "Wiggercore" with Chris, now with Spencer they're "Gleecore" :rofl: :spock:

Why Metalsucks even has a comment feature I don't know. You might as well RSS feed every youtube comment ever made underneath articles.

No disrespect made to any here who post there. :agreed:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Are the drums part Metal Foundry now, sounds damn good. The snare is awesome and the guitars sound a lot fatter than before. I like it a lot