Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AirJordanStaal

Reaction score
Congrats on getting your playing back! I had to go 6 months without being able to so much as pick up my guitar for a period in my life and it was not fun.

That riff at the end was sweet too, hopefully we'll hear a song formed around that one day

space frog

Reaction score
I don't really mind not having instrumental versions of Icarus Lives remixes... and having another Jetpacks Was Yes instrumental... and another Icarus Lives instrumental...

Pretty much half the EP lol...

space frog

Reaction score
:yesway:
I never understood all the Spencer hate. He's a superb vocalist and a hardworking dude.

There are always haters for everything. :wallbash: Also I don't get why people insist so much on have instrumentals. The vox are part of those songs, and Spencer is an amazing vocalist, way better than most of the rest out there.

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score
There are always haters for everything. :wallbash: Also I don't get why people insist so much on have instrumentals. The vox are part of those songs, and Spencer is an amazing vocalist, way better than most of the rest out there.

The worst part about the Spencer hate is when people say they just want br00tal vocals all over everything, because for some reason they think clean singing is "gay" or "emo", an all-screaming band is the kind of band I DON'T want to be in, EVER. We get all these people making requests to change our sound hahah it's like when the fuck did any of us ever ask for your opinion on our choice of singer?

I also love it when people proclaim they like us but then they always add how it's the instrumental album that they like, well here's the real talk - Periphery is 6 members, not 5. You ain't down with Spencer, you ain't down with me! :hbang:

Not only does Spencer have an insane range, he sings & screams, and has a unique voice that is easily identifiable as well. Not to mention he's a really great dude and really fun to tour with, I can't say that about a lot of rock singers - most of them are weird and/or egoistical assholes.

lava

Gelatinous
Reaction score
I also love it when people proclaim they like us but then they always add how it's the instrumental album that they like, well here's the real talk - Periphery is 6 members, not 5. You ain't down with Spencer, you ain't down with me! :hbang:

Jake, I wouldn't get too down on the folks who say they like the instrumental stuff - if they're anything like me, it's possible that they actually like Spencer's voice a lot but sometimes are just in the mood for the instrumental version simply because it exists. Not everybody is trying to be an ass and insult Spencer when they say it. That said, I wouldn't care at all if there were no more instrumental Periphery releases. And the more Spencer is with the band, the more naturally he blends and the better he sounds (and he already sounded good). I suspect you'll see less and less of the Spencer hate as time goes on because I still see a ton of untapped potential in him that will likely come out.

Guitarman700

Reaction score
The worst part about the Spencer hate is when people say they just want br00tal vocals all over everything, because for some reason they think clean singing is "gay" or "emo", an all-screaming band is the kind of band I DON'T want to be in, EVER. We get all these people making requests to change our sound hahah it's like when the fuck did any of us ever ask for your opinion on our choice of singer?

Not only does Spencer have an insane range, he sings & screams, and has a unique voice that is easily identifiable as well. Not to mention he's a really great dude and really fun to tour with, I can't say that about a lot of rock singers - most of them are weird and/or egoistical assholes.

CitizenKaneBuseyclap.gif

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
Nope, we are a band, take it or leave it dude, if you dont like it the way it is, there are 239842 other bands out there for you to listen to.
The man speaks the truth, I counted all of the bands and got the same number :yesway:

Also, count me in on the Spencer train as well! I believe he has an amazing voice and still has a TON of potential and from what i've heard his screaming is getting better and better every time I hear him. And we share the same first name so that's all the more reason to join :lol:

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score
Jake, I wouldn't get too down on the folks who say they like the instrumental stuff - if they're anything like me, it's possible that they actually like Spencer's voice a lot but sometimes are just in the mood for the instrumental version simply because it exists. Not everybody is trying to be an ass and insult Spencer when they say it. That said, I wouldn't care at all if there were no more instrumental Periphery releases. And the more Spencer is with the band, the more naturally he blends and the better he sounds (and he already sounded good). I suspect you'll see less and less of the Spencer hate as time goes on because I still see a ton of untapped potential in him that will likely come out.

I totally get that, I actually like having both versions out, I feel that most of our fans are musicians and if I was trying to learn the parts being played I'd always go to the instrumental... the thing I get annoyed at is the people wanting us to go 100% that way, it'll never happen, it's just people wanting us to be something we're not. The instrumental stuff is just a bonus for people to focus on the compositions of the instruments, it's not meant to be a version of the band sans Spencer that vocal haters can gravitate to.

Maintaining this open relationship we have with our fans is something I'm really into, and sometimes we respond negatively, but ya gotta take the good with the bad and I don't like hiding my true feelings about this stuff, I'm about taking the honest route not the diplomatic one. But yeah, not everyone is trying to be a dick about stuff and I should acknowledge that.

space frog

Reaction score

Where is the "love that shit" button?:agreed:

That's exactly what i meant: you are 6 guys in this band. And not only is Spencer ridiculously talented, he keeps improving his vox (from what I've heard over time). And he kills it live, even though he has to switch btwn screams and cleans. Unlike many vocalists.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
Where's that picture of Spencer with shopped sunglasses
and "Deal With It."
That should be up by now.