Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

bulb

Reaction score
Hey guys, Jeff Holcomb and I put together a video where I go over my guitar recording tips. This is aimed at people who record at home.
If you guys enjoy this we might get together and do more videos like this on the Top Secret Audio youtube channel.

Enjoy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewstherin006

Reaction score
Hey guys, Jeff Holcomb and I put together a video where I go over my guitar recording tips. This is aimed at people who record at home.
If you guys enjoy this we might get together and do more videos like this on the Top Secret Audio youtube channel.

Enjoy!

Awesome video Misha and Jeff!

Question: Do you find it better to record with the Axe FX II plugged into an interface instead of using the USB on the Axe Fx II itself? Or is it easier because you have your monitors hooked up to the interface already?

shpence

Reaction score

Enjoy!

Great and thanks for the video. Hopefully the next one is on drum tone!

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score

Enjoy!

Dude, always appreciated when you take the time out of other shit you could be doing to help some of your fans out. Thanks a lot :hbang:

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Neat, I didn't know how multi-tracking actually works! Thanks Misha! I second the 'drum tones in Superior' request!

bozothedeathmachine

Reaction score

Enjoy!

Thanks for the video. I've been looking at a lot of these lately as I build a home rig. I'd love to see more, and will also jump on the Superior tone tutorial bandwagon.

I'm not sure whether to be disheartened that your little 10-minute mix sounds mountains better than anything I've been able to do. I'm split between being optimistic that I will get there, or that you spent 4 hours tweaking if off-camera. I'm leaning toward the latter now.

bozothedeathmachine

Reaction score
Question: Do you find it better to record with the Axe FX II plugged into an interface instead of using the USB on the Axe Fx II itself? Or is it easier because you have your monitors hooked up to the interface already?

He answered this in the Youtube comments. It's because of the monitors as you suspect.

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
wont be the first time ive gotten it wrong but it looks like periphery's music has been added to spotify in the USA

Pinhead

Reaction score
The guitar part on Pale Aurora is mesmerizing. Cool stuff just posted by Mark.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Fuck I love Mark, favorite member by far. New Haunted Shores material can't come soon enough. :bowdown:

Time to try and tab out that new song.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
The guitar part on Pale Aurora is mesmerizing. Cool stuff just posted by Mark.

Yeah I agree, the dude really does have an interesting approach to chords. Some awesome shapes in there :scream: Mark is up there with players to watch at the moment for me.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Okay, I can't even figure out the first chord. Mark, I love you but you write some really complex stuff.

WildBroskiAppears

Reaction score
I can't get over how similar to Scarlet a lot of that song sounds. No hate for the playing though, he's squeaky clean.