Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Alex C

Reaction score
I mean the answer has been: no instrumental album.
This is why I mentioned in two separate posts that an "instrumental album" has been off the table for years now and shouldn't be discussed or requested.

But if you want tracks and stuff they have done this before for PII: This Time It's Personal.
Jammit Featuring Periphery | Jammit
That looks excellent, thank you! That appears to be exactly what I've been looking for all this time. I'll definitely check this out.

I've never seen this mentioned in threads like this, maybe because the default response tends to be something like:
Music isn't a restaurant; artists are not required to serve you. That's it.

My posts have repeatedly emphasized the difference between 1) making selfish demands that an artist change to suit an individual, and 2) expressing an interest in order to make the artist aware of a potential market for supplemental material. Periphery and Jammit have apparently anticipated the interests of fans like me, and they can both shut up and take my money. :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
I think Alex C seems to have a good point, only he didn't know that his point was already been considered by the band (or whoever came up with the Jammit contract). Don't need to go all harsh at the dude. :S

bulb

Reaction score
I do see his point from a certain perspective, but from another, he is just arguing semantics.
The simple fact is, we have released the album and supplemental material that we are comfortable with releasing, if it isn't in a format or style that you like, then it's a shame for you, but that's our vision.

If you don't like it, you can always make your own.

Jacobine

Reaction score
Was that tower 2 AxeFX for each player (minus one) or does someone have more than two? And just wondering why you'd need so many if more than two.

Alex C

Reaction score
The simple fact is, we have released the album and supplemental material that we are comfortable with releasing, if it isn't in a format or style that you like, then it's a shame for you, but that's our vision.

I hope I didn't sound ungrateful or displeased; I tried to be extremely clear that we're on the same page on this. You and the band have been more than generous over the years with forum interaction, recording and programming videos, Axe-Fx goodies, and (as I've now discovered) supplemental material targeted specifically at a core group of Periphery fans. You guys are doing everything right, and going above and beyond in just about every way.

Again, I think it's unfortunate that this whole issue got muddled from the start by the wave of babies whining about their vocal preferences. All that noise overshadowed the fact that you guys really do understand your audience and have been making exceptional accommodations for us all along. Thank you.

Summary:
Me: There will never be an instrumental album. Any chance of stems/practice tracks?
toiletstand: They actually already did this; check out Jammit.
Me: Perfect, thanks.

Alex C

Reaction score
Was that tower 2 AxeFX for each player (minus one) or does someone have more than two? And just wondering why you'd need so many if more than two.

The bottom four are the newer XL models. I'd guess that they're upgrading to those, they just got shipped, and it was time for a family photoshoot. :yesway:

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
VeF2U8Y.gif

Those chords are just crazy

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
^ what do you mean? It's all just sus 2 and regular min/maj chords! Not detracting from that song though, I love it. And wow that bass is slicing through the mix!

P.S F*CK the solo, it's so tough at 100% speed! Will that same one be tracked again or something else?

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
^ what do you mean? It's all just sus 2 and regular min/maj chords! Not detracting from that song though, I love it. And wow that bass is slicing through the mix!

P.S F*CK the solo, it's so tough at 100% speed! Will that same one be tracked again or something else?
They sound super pretty and huge regardless. I wish I actually could write music...:wallbash:

Latest posts