Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
Jeez, a 49 seems way too thin for me. Even 10-52 is too thin for me, and I don't mind a bit of flop. I think 11-56 is perfect for Drop C and Drop B. I use 10-52 for Drop C#. But like I said, it a preference thing. All can work fine.

I think Mark has stated in clinics in the past that he uses 11-56 for Drop C as well. That's how I roll with Drop C, tried 10-52 and didn't like it at all.
AFAIK He uses 10-52 in the studio and 11-56 while playing live for extra tuning stability

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
Was listening to the Deezer track by track they mention on their Facebook and it helped me appreciate It's Only Smiles more. Learning it's about Spencer dealing with his sister's passing made me love the song so much more and it hits harder then it did before.

secretpizza

Reaction score
What’s the word on Gavin? Any good? I’m planning on bouncing right after Periphery to catch the end of the hockey game.

I'm not really sure. I listened to a few of their songs when I saw they were tour with Periphery and I can't get a read on them really; their sound is a mix of a lot of stuff. It sounds like they started out more in the post-hardcore/emo style but the small cross section I've listened to is more pop - in form and substance - than I like. The screamy stuff reminds me of 90's emo-hardcore like Saetia, which I like, but the singing parts don't land with me personally.

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
You guys were awesome tonight at the Fillmore. Such a killer show all around. Misha let the guy next to me touch his guitar. I’m like damn my brush with greatness. Lol

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Slightly different set in Maryland last night. Remain indoors subbed in for one of the P2 songs (sorry can't remember which).

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
We were and thanks!

It has been so long since I've been to downtown silver spring I had no idea there was a guitar center across the street from the fillmore now. I got there super early so I went in there thinking there'd be a 1% chance I'd run into one of the guys.

The selection at that store sucked especially compared to the heaven of Chuck Levin's. Played a little Flatline on an Ibanez 7 and then went to a bar to have some drinks.

duffbeer33

Reaction score
That first riff in CHVRCH BVRNER reminds me of old (Hed) PE. I doubt many people here like any of their stuff, but back when Wesstyle was their guitarist I thought he had a cool unique poppy/funk tone

Anyway, killer album. Bummed I couldn’t get up to the Fillmore but hope to get out soon. Breakdown in the middle of Reptile has been getting me through the day lately.

failsafe

Reaction score
That first riff in CHVRCH BVRNER reminds me of old (Hed) PE. I doubt many people here like any of their stuff, but back when Wesstyle was their guitarist I thought he had a cool unique poppy/funk tone
Hell yeah I picked up on that riff too. It has that cool overdriven single coil sound that Hed had on their earlier stuff.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
In the vid it looks flat topped, and the picture capture the 7 tuning machines, and the bound fretboard just like his 6string SE.