Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
You can think a performance or melodic compoisition is trash while still liking the dude enough to hang with him. Maybe even let him join you on stage as a treat to fans. No? Maybe even secretly be best friends and lovers?!

Afaik Misha only mentioned how lazy writing walked all over the rest of the composition, not necessarily a dig at Chris' vocal abilities. After having unlearned the original I must say I agree, but with the caveat that Spencer's version is also somewhat rough.

All I know is I would never talk shit about my friends' music unless there was some bad blood between us. The way Misha put it made it sound like he didn't really have much respect towards Chris or his musical efforts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
All I know is I would never talk shit about my friends' music unless there was some bad blood between us. The way Misha put it made it sound like he didn't really have much respect towards Chris or his musical efforts.

Man, not at all dude.
What I value most about my friends is that they aren't afraid to tell me when I suck. In a follow-up to the post people are talking about, he said he knew that Chris was capable of a great performance and that the one on that song just wasn't it. That's exactly what I'd say about one of my friends if they half-assed something I knew they could nail.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
You can think a performance or melodic compoisition is trash while still liking the dude enough to hang with him. Maybe even let him join you on stage as a treat to fans. No? Maybe even secretly be best friends and lovers?!

Afaik Misha only mentioned how lazy writing walked all over the rest of the composition, not necessarily a dig at Chris' vocal abilities. After having unlearned the original I must say I agree, but with the caveat that Spencer's version is also somewhat rough.

I don't think there was ever a released version of Icarus Lives! with Chris on it; the original demo floating around had Casey Sabool on vocals. That guy everyone loved and bitched about being gone :lol:

If there is a version with Chris out there I'd love to hear it.

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
I don't think there was ever a released version of Icarus Lives! with Chris on it; the original demo floating around had Casey Sabool on vocals. That guy everyone loved and bitched about being gone :lol:

If there is a version with Chris out there I'd love to hear it.
The earlier conversations on this topic referred to Sentient Glow, not Icarus Lives ;)

Tim Young

Reaction score
I listened to Hail Stan and I can't get enough of it! I haven't been this addicted to an album since Shogun by Trivium

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
8cuuhnhzpwe31.jpg

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Too lazy to find and post, but Mark just put up a play through vid of “Its Only Smiles” using the SE-7. If this situation plays out similar to the SE-6, release should be around the corner