Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
Btw, for all the fellow vinyl heads out there...

The guys have a limited pressing of P2 and 2x P3 available to preorder on the Periphery website. I think they're limited to 500 copies (1500 total). I would love to share a link, but I cant open their website on my work computer :(
Just take a look at the Periphery FaceBook page. There's the original link :)

I already have a version of P3, but I preordered P2. I really needed that in my collection!
Now I just need a repressing of P1 **hint hint @bulb !**:p

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brector

Reaction score
Btw, for all the fellow vinyl heads out there...

The guys have a limited pressing of P2 and 2x P3 available to preorder on the Periphery website. I think they're limited to 500 copies (1500 total). I would love to share a link, but I cant open their website on my work computer :(
Just take a look at the Periphery FaceBook page. There's the original link :)

I already have a version of P3, but I preordered P2. I really needed that in my collection!
Now I just need a repressing of P1 **hint hint @bulb !**:p
HEre you go: https://store.periphery.net/?fbclid=IwAR2fZOROb4lnRYjS8sZpLDgr_TENwylYzC01b7TP1bm3WsbfzMksYuwP7bE

@zwen

Reaction score
Ooph 2010 is starting to feel really dated now.

Whenever I watch a movie from the ‘00’s today, it will illicit the same feeling I got watching movies from the 70’s when I was a child in the 90’s.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
I dunno, I feel that the 240p was an artistic choice. It really helps with the overall vibe of this video

It's not really the 240p that's doing it though, it's just the overall video quality (I guess the AD-conversion is really bad compared to todays standards) / how it's filmed that makes it feel so 90's :lol:

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
Just saw the guys in Amsterdam, was my 4th time seeing them, last was years ago.
Killer show, good sound and a nice setlist!

Mark was absent due to leaving the tour because of a family matter but the band picked everything up brilliantly.
As for his solo in Reptile, Plini suddenly came up on stage to do some sick shreds in his place, total surprise!

Good stuff all in all, see you next time boys <3

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
Saw them in London last night, really enjoyed it. They have so much material I'd have liked another set from them tbf, and a bit sad they didn't play much old stuff.

Really enjoyed seeing the Sikth dude in Reptile and Plini/Jakub doing Marks solo.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
I hate this strobe trend at metal shows these days.

Agreed, it's very obnoxious and disorienting. Although, I gotta say when I went to a live show a couple of weeks back and one of the bands used the strobe effect it looked pretty cool when people were running in a circle pit. It almost looked like some sort of fast slideshow.

Avedas

Reaction score
Strobe is great when used sparingly. Best strobe I experienced was Dillinger Escape Plan opening their show with strobe on Prancer. That was an experience.

It feels like international touring is getting a lot more cost prohibitive these days. Quite a few bands are skipping Asia on their last few tour cycles. Still haven't been able to go to a Periphery show yet.

failsafe

Reaction score
See, to me, that looks cheesy AF. Like there's gonna be someone coming down from the mezzanine on a rope any second. I like stage shows that create a mood besides "hey look how many light rigs we can afford", lol.

I agree that photo I used was a little over the top, but watch Metallica in Seattle ‘89 and tell me their old school lights didn’t create a mood. Their lighting created a mood and atmosphere perfect for each song. They used strobes sparingly, mainly the mid section of One. The “strobe-every-kick-drum-hit-for-the-entire-set” is annoying and exhausting.

Kobalt

Reaction score
Strobe is great when used sparingly. Best strobe I experienced was Dillinger Escape Plan opening their show with strobe on Prancer. That was an experience.

It feels like international touring is getting a lot more cost prohibitive these days. Quite a few bands are skipping Asia on their last few tour cycles. Still haven't been able to go to a Periphery show yet.
Have you seen Meshuggah on the Violent Sleep of Reason tour?

The strobes on Clockworks and Born in Dissonance, hell the whole lighting on two these songs, is the sickest visual spectacle I've ever experienced.