[PICS] All the 8 strings pics. Lots of them.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
8cuerdas.jpg

Is that a photoshop? My eyes are seeing an 8 string EDGE trem...

No Pshop... your eyes do device you, though... see the weld. You see two Edge 6 trems stuck together. Necessity is the mother... :agreed:

BTW, am I the only one who thinks that lower horn would get in the way big time? :scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scootman1911

Reaction score
Damn that rar folder was epic. I loved the green one with the band logo inlays. Not so much the inlay but the finish on it was amazing.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score

That first one, maybe its a weird semi-hollow with an internal pickup?

The guy in the second pic looks like Chester Benington, and I wish to steal his guitar :eek:

Third one is quite sexy to but minus the trem.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I guess that's somewhat of a relief since its not like "Here's a 27 fret V, but you can only get to the 19th!"

Still, I'd rather have all or nothing. I mean Uli Jon Roth has done up to I believe 42 fret (at least 36, that I do know) and still had access to all of them. Were they pretty guitars? That's another story.

In the 1980s, Roth commissioned construction of custom guitars with additional frets. Uli Jon Roth has (or at least has had) at least five Sky guitars and they are made by a British luthier, and the guitarist from Fair Warning also uses a Sky guitar. The first three Sky guitars were as follows: One had 36 frets, another had 42 frets, and a third one is fretless which was used on the Beyond the Astral Skies album. The guitars named Mighty Wing and Destiny each have 7 strings and the others have 6 strings. The 7th string is a low B string. The September 2000 issue of Young Guitar magazine shows five different Sky Guitars: Sky I, Sky II "Purple", Sky III "Emperor", Sky IV "Mighty Wing", and Sky V "Destiny".

Dusty201087

Kenyon class of 2014
Reaction score
Well, I guess that's somewhat of a relief since its not like "Here's a 27 fret V, but you can only get to the 19th!"

Still, I'd rather have all or nothing. I mean Uli Jon Roth has done up to I believe 42 fret (at least 36, that I do know) and still had access to all of them. Were they pretty guitars? That's another story.

:eek: 42 frets?!?!? The 42nd fret would be like 1/26th of a mm long :lol:

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
That first one, maybe its a weird semi-hollow with an internal pickup?

The guy in the second pic looks like Chester Benington, and I wish to steal his guitar :eek:

Third one is quite sexy to but minus the trem.

man. that trem is what does it for me. makes me start thinking about the cost of doing the same thing and the costs involved

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
More than likely, thats swamp ash. but HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THE TREM!!! It looks like they cut up 2 Ibanez Edge Lo Pros and put em together:eek::eek::eek:

They might well have done that. I know Ibanez had to do a similar thing for Meshuggah's custom 8s. And, yeah, I'd say it was swamp ash too :yesway:.

I think there are a few Shermans there that I hadn't seen before. Lovely :eek:.