Please help me fix my pedal, im freaking out.

Gmork

Reaction score
pedal - Maxon st9 pro+ (tubescreamer).
using an adaptor as i always have.
i see it is still being powered because there is an (9v or 18v) indicator
that always stays lit up depending on what you have it set to. that is still lit up.

the problem is that the footswitch wont engage. if i press (AND HOLD) the switch, the light comes on and the fx turns on but it wont click and STAY on. when i let go of the switch it just turns off again instead of staying on as it should.

seeing as i bought it brand new only about a year ago and take VERY good care of it, i cant see why this is happening. anyone know whats up? i LOVE this pedal and paid A LOT for it, kind of freaking out a little. thanks.

Petar Bogdanov

Reaction score
Footswitch is broken, take it up as a warranty claim. If it's out of warranty, get it replaced by an amp tech.

ChrisRushing

Fretboard Acrobat
Reaction score
If you are interested in learning a skill set that can be very helpful to a musician then this is a prime opportunity. I don't know the in's and out's of that particular pedal but the footswitch should be very straight forward to replace. There are all kinds of soldering video how to's on youtube. A soldering Iron is $20 for a cheap one and that switch should be maybe $3-5 depending on whats available to you. There aren't any lethal voltages in the pedal. Just saying.....you could save some money and gain some valuable experience.

My 2 cents...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wakjob

Reaction score
Yep.

It has a Carling switch in it that isn't worth a damn.
The one in my od808 only lasted about a week or two.

Got rid of the pedal. But if you like yours, have it replaced.

devastone

Reaction score
It's a "Fujisoku 4PDT" switch, may take some searching to find a replacement, I would contact Maxon.

downburst82

Reaction score
Ya faulty switch, I'm not positive its the same switch but in a thread on Thegearpage about the cs550 they go through some options for maxon switch replacement and The guy that runs alchemy audio mentioned he has some of the original 4pdt switches (he mentioned giving them for free if postage was paid, though I don't know if that's a standing offer to anyone or anything). If maxon winds up not helping maybe worth contacting them.

*tgp thread*
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/in...-and-diy-pedal-experts-pics-included.1691160/

devastone

Reaction score
Anyway you can open up the pedal and post a pic of the switch so we can tell exactly what it is? They may have switched switches at some point(?).