Post Random Pics of Your 6s.

Naxxpipe

Reaction score
Got tired of looking for a random star so i just had one made for me. Came out pretty great!

Made by Manninen custom instruments here in Finland

View attachment 120132View attachment 120133
That is extremely sexy! How much did that cost, if I may ask?

I've got a definite soft spot for the Gibson gothics, especially the V. I was just getting into guitar around the time those were out and my first guitar obsession was the Gothic Flying V.
The gothic series are really nice. Had the chance to buy a gothic V off a friend 15 years back, but I thought it was too much money at the time as it was in need of some dire TLC. Stupid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Taikatatti

Reaction score
That is extremely sexy! How much did that cost, if I may ask?

The gothic series are really nice. Had the chance to buy a gothic V off a friend 15 years back, but I thought it was too much money at the time as it was in need of some dire TLC. Stupid.
Came out at 2600€ without pickups, i had those already and sent them to him. So around 2900€ in the end.

Here’s my other one made by the same guy. Both guitars took less than 3 months from order to doorstep.

Attachments

• 948A4111-7D51-4141-85EB-57292B22F967.jpeg
    948A4111-7D51-4141-85EB-57292B22F967.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 71

DECEMBER

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've got a definite soft spot for the Gibson gothics, especially the V. I was just getting into guitar around the time those were out and my first guitar obsession was the Gothic Flying V.
The Gothic LP is my favorite guitar model ever made. I got one in 2003 but sold it in 2012 when I was homeless. Been regretting it ever since. I just paid way too much to get one again this month. It's the only guitar I'll ever need.

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
Here's that RG3120F I bought last month. I'd say these are semi-rare. The RG3120 Twilight Blue with the Lo Pro are the most common RG3120s to pop up - I actually bought two in one day (and then sold one very recently), which meant I had three RG3120 + variants at the same time for about a month. The previous owner replaced the stock pickups with a Tone Zone and Air Norton and actually had the decency to include a note in the case saying what the new pickups were.

IMG_6468_reduced.JPG
IMG_6470_reduced.JPG

Reaction score
Here's that RG3120F I bought last month. I'd say these are semi-rare. The RG3120 Twilight Blue with the Lo Pro are the most common RG3120s to pop up - I actually bought two in one day (and then sold one very recently), which meant I had three RG3120 + variants at the same time for about a month. The previous owner replaced the stock pickups with a Tone Zone and Air Norton and actually had the decency to include a note in the case saying what the new pickups were.

View attachment 120233
View attachment 120234
This one is gorgeous... I think I'd do the piezo mod to it, those EdgePro bridges are asking for it... and add a Freeway 5B5-01 selector switch to get more pickup combos...

Reaction score
61-DC3-D0-E-19-FC-41-F0-A3-E7-562-FE86-FE5-EA.jpg

Played around with these two for a little while tonight and tried to match the bridge pickups as best I could by adjusting the pole pieces in the Caparison - I never cared for the PH-Rm too much.

Happy to say I think I got pretty damn close for what it is now, the thing has a lot more growl to it.

Marked Man

Reaction score
1.jpg

2.jpg

20191201_124818.jpg

'10s B.C. Rich Eagle NJ Classic. All Mahogany (nato) with maple cap and a killer striped ebony board.

Good in stock form, but I knew it could be awesome, so I hotrodded it top to bottom (at no small cost....). It was worth it as it is among my favorite guitars for songwriting. Instead of a Les Paul or PRS......try an Eagle. :agreed:

All electronics replaced with premium Bournes 500k pots (No Load Tone), Switchcratch toggle, jack, etc.
Dimarzio Evo2/Air Norton pickups
Push/Pull Coil Splitting
B.C. Rich Tophat volume/tone knobs
Grover Super Rotomatic Tuners with Imperial heads
EMC SPC Active Midboost (I LOVE these for any guitar! Make the room come to you!)
SS Dunlop 6100 frets (made all the difference!)

I like using this for '70s inspired Prog/Protoprog original music including cover projects along the lines of Crimson, Rainbow, proggier moments of Sabbath (including '80s/'90s), up to '90s Porcupine Tree. It has what you would call a terrifyingly fast yet substantial neck with perfect upper fret access (just look at it!) and is also great for riffs and cleans. The pickups are a perfect for this guitar and it has scapel precision for bridge leads and ice cream cloud warmth at the neck. 🤩