Post Random Pics of Your 6s.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
iu

Shit sent all 5 of y'alls office chair wheels spinning and sent yas truly fat boi flyin when I seen't dis shit.

I swear if I was you, I'd be cumming in NYXL and have my own business pressing out D'Addario packs outta personal pleasure for years by now. Guitar dreams is the lease you signed off on long time ago becoming a proud ownder of that, mate goddamn. :metal::scream::scream2::metal:
Are you okay?

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@KentBrockman
Sides bro, IbanezDaemon deserves comments like that, bro has a whole store in probably whatever closets and rooms he could call storage. His selection is mint, he takes care of it all like it's mint and he has voodoo skills in guitar photography in terms of quality.

Dude's dream is reality and his reality is only the aesthetic of my last mushroom trip. On top of it all, have you ever actually chatted ol' bruvva before? He is as humble as anyone could possibly be on top of being extremely knowledgeable and just being generally all around great energy to be around.

I only wish I had the reach of Mike Tyson so I could pass him this zoot all the way up there in England cause Pangea ain't a thing anymore and UPS trucks ain't hirin' inna middla of a sea, bredder.

There are also a lot of members around here like that who deserve great comments cause to me they are reminders of my own set goals! :pops:

Last edited:

InfernalVortex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This is right after I got my (99) RG520 and my (01) RG3120 refretted with stainless frets. The frets on those were fucking done. They could have probably been levelled a time or two, but my new 7 had stainless frets and I was just totally spoiled by it. Totally transformed these back into main battle axes again.

Funnily enough, the RG470 on the left was an MIJ model I got when they were on sale back in 02 or 03 when they discontinued them. I had replaced the trem with an Edge, and eventually I wore out the frets so bad on the 520 I moved that neck over to the 520. That Edge eventually got sold off and the guitar ended up being a pile of parts for probably 10 years. It just got reassembled and I had to scrounge to find an original Lo TRS on ebay.... but you'd never know it's such a cobbled together parts guitar. The frets need a level (original neck back on it), but the finish is nearly flawless. It's the only one of the 3 I bought new.

unnamed (6).jpgunnamed (5).jpg

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
This is right after I got my (99) RG520 and my (01) RG3120 refretted with stainless frets. The frets on those were fucking done. They could have probably been levelled a time or two, but my new 7 had stainless frets and I was just totally spoiled by it. Totally transformed these back into main battle axes again.

Funnily enough, the RG470 on the left was an MIJ model I got when they were on sale back in 02 or 03 when they discontinued them. I had replaced the trem with an Edge, and eventually I wore out the frets so bad on the 520 I moved that neck over to the 520. That Edge eventually got sold off and the guitar ended up being a pile of parts for probably 10 years. It just got reassembled and I had to scrounge to find an original Lo TRS on ebay.... but you'd never know it's such a cobbled together parts guitar. The frets need a level (original neck back on it), but the finish is nearly flawless. It's the only one of the 3 I bought new.

View attachment 119991View attachment 119990
Sweet! The RG3120 is one of the greatest Prestiges (if not THE greatest) Ibanez has ever released.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
^I do love those old Gothic series Gibsons. I've only ever had the Gothic V which was a monster of a guitar. But had always wanted the Explorer or LP, simple yet classy/awesome

Marked Man

Reaction score
Nice, what model is that and is it still made?

It's the Marked Man Model. :cheers:

Actually it's a San Dimas MIM I bought around 2017. Absolutely stunning raw maple neck, ebony board and frets, like something you'd find on a very expensive guitar. Came with a JB and '59N, although I swapped a Wylde 500XL at the bridge, which still works well with the push/pull 6-pack wiring.

I was trying to ape the Washburn N4 (Nuno) guitar in every way except of course for the Stephens Extended Cutaway. I still want to get one of those eventually, but this scratched the itch well. The razor sharp surgical response of the Wylde is amazing....really gets me into the '80s zone and the Nuno '90s. It's been a learning experience adjusting to it, and it makes the '59 sound so round and neckish in comparison. I like for the neck/bridge pickups to contrast very clearly.

Marked Man

Reaction score