Post Random Pics of Your 6s.

Marked Man

Reaction score
66.jpg

5.jpg

20240624_185836.jpg

77.jpg

A very especial Jackson USA. It started life as an Adrian Smith with HSS passives, although someone converted it to HH active. I would've never done that to a Smith sig myself, but since it was already done, I made the best of it. I considered converting it back to original form, but finding the specific Adrian Smith pickguard with correct # of screws would not have been easy, and anyway, once I HEARD it cranked through my Mesa Quad, there was no going back! 🤯 It sounds absolutely amazing, the thoroughbred of my stable! I'll eventually get the original White/Maple one to join it, who knows, maybe even with an updated synth module to dabble in Somewhere in Time territory (I like guitars with extras....).

It has the modern classic EMG 81/60 combo, EMG EXG expander (cranks hi/low, scoops mid) and SPC midboost, EVH D Tuna for the top mount OFR, Schaller S-Locks, and a very cool leather strap and knobs that remind me something that could have been used in the Seven Son era. The abalone dot inlays (I call them Moonchild inlays :wub3:) are amazing and the classic '80s white with black hardware thing has always been a favorite of mine. As you'd expect, the fretwork is immaculate and mojo seems to pour out of this guitar. It is extremely well suited for the more modern tones on Somewhere....and Seventh Son, not to mention Powerslave, which I am working on in the studio.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MantraSky.

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
these 3 got my attention instantly, the nice woods + FR and no inlays is so perfect
These are some of my favorite, from what I own. I actually love them more than my Suhr, Anderson and PRS guitars, they're good just basic, whereas Warmoth is a cut above and unique,
I did all the work except the amazing fretwork from a Luthier. Here are the specifications of the three guitars...