Post your demos HERE! 😊

• Thread starter IT'z Roberto
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Since this is the demo thread:

I did like a half song quick and dirty yesterday to test out my api527a and distressor.

acoustics - use the 527a
vocals - distressor

I need to figure out what to do to reduce the fan noise on my laptop while doing these. Throwing a pillow on top of it isn't quite enough lol

Timing is a little off on the vocals 3/4 of the way through on the verse but eh... It's just a dumb song for a test.

back to doin' real songs now.

IT'z Roberto

Apparent Neural DSP Advocate
Reaction score
Since this is the demo thread:

I did like a half song quick and dirty yesterday to test out my api527a and distressor.

acoustics - use the 527a
vocals - distressor

I need to figure out what to do to reduce the fan noise on my laptop while doing these. Throwing a pillow on top of it isn't quite enough lol

Timing is a little off on the vocals 3/4 of the way through on the verse but eh... It's just a dumb song for a test.

back to doin' real songs now.

Awesome stuff broham 🙌 glad to hear some fresh tunes 🙌☺️

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score
I made a separate thread relating to the issue I'm about to mention. However, I think it is worth mentioning here for my demo buddies to think about.

I've mentioned instrument cables in another thread and "do they really matter?"

Well, yesterday, I went to the local music store. I brought my personal Radioshack instrument cable and decided to compare it to other cables on the market. I only had enough time to compare 2 cables, mine and one D'addario cable. I plugged up the D'addario cable first, set the amp to a fairly low gain/clean channel. I fiddled around on it using the D'addario cable for a few minutes before switching to my Radioshack instrument cable.

Immediate difference not only to my ears, but to others. Others around me agreed "there is a difference " and "it's true 😳" said with wide eyes by a customer and an employee.

Keep in mind that I did not change the settings to the amp or guitar, I simply unplugged one cable and replaced it with another.

The results where highly noticable, not only to myself, but others.

TLDR:

Cable vs Cable

The D'addario cable had great clarity and high end. Whereas my Radioshack cable produced a muddy, lower volume tone, without the brilliant high end.

It may be worth a try for others to test this, especially if one has purchased a cheapo or off brand cable.

However, I highly recommend trying it on a fairly clean channel setting ☺️

scolio1978

Reaction score
Happy Easter everyone 🙌☺️
back at ya. hey! loving the spirit of this thread! always glad to see people plugging away at whatever they are trying to create. here's a link to a folder with some new songs i been tweaking on. just recently got a prs 277 baritone and a warm audio active di box (the bass is recorded with the di, most of the guitar (PRS USA 24) was recorded straight into my interface), so going to be adding some lower range guitar sounds to some if not all of these tracks, but got sidelined with attempting to mix for a bit. I'm open to any suggestions, let me know if any elements are too loud or whatever.

OMB FOLDER (CLICK HERE)

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score
back at ya. hey! loving the spirit of this thread! always glad to see people plugging away at whatever they are trying to create. here's a link to a folder with some new songs i been tweaking on. just recently got a prs 277 baritone and a warm audio active di box (the bass is recorded with the di, most of the guitar (PRS USA 24) was recorded straight into my interface), so going to be adding some lower range guitar sounds to some if not all of these tracks, but got sidelined with attempting to mix for a bit. I'm open to any suggestions, let me know if any elements are too loud or whatever.

OMB FOLDER (CLICK HERE)
I dig it 🙌☺️ maybe add some more presence or highs in the guitars ☺️ or just pull them up a bit in the mix either way I dig it 🙌☺️ the composition it great 🙌☺️

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score
Good morning everyone 🙌☺️

Let's get some demos posted 🙌☺️

After I make a purchase decision on a few items/plugins and repairs (my guitars are having fret/intonation issues) I'll be slapping some test tracks on here 🙌☺️

I need some sevenstring forum inspiration 🙌☺️

Hope you guys had an awesome weekend 🙌☺️

Fis:Destroyer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oof. Time has REALLY gotten away from me. I demoed a whole second album for my zombiepunk band a few years back, and haven’t been able to get it fully recorded with a human drummer and the other band members. But Once I’m done moving I hope to finally pull it together.