Post your demos HERE! 😊

• Thread starter IT'z Roberto
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flv75

Reaction score
Hi guys,
here is the first demo from my band Throne of Flesh, old school death metal from Italy ;)
Cheers!
Dogma

IT'z Roberto

Apparent Neural DSP Advocate
Reaction score
So I'm really digging Fusion lately, personally I'm looking for tips and tricks to spice it up that aren't extremely complex.

I've been trying to find quick tips and tutorials on a certain technique, like a "slide" or something that sounds like extremely quick bends. Kinda like what saxophone players do is the best example.

It's like a half step/whole step slide back and forth, but I can't properly figure out the technique. (Noob to leads)

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great 🙌😊

The little things like that would be a tremendous help. 🙏

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
Just released a new track! very orchestra heavy and a little bombastic, it took a long time to get everything about it right and it's the first time that we're doing a video for our music as well, but we hope you like it :)

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
Just released a new track! very orchestra heavy and a little bombastic, it took a long time to get everything about it right and it's the first time that we're doing a video for our music as well, but we hope you like it :)

Dude what, I know this is a guitar forum but that singer is incredible
I actually love this
EDIT: Sorry one nitpick, in my very obviously not professional opinion, I think you should at 2:42 not resolve the melody this cleanly, it makes it feel too much like a complete ending and makes further transitions a little awkward. Just my opinion though of course

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score

That is pretty awesome stuff broham 🙌 I dig it 🙌

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
Dude what, I know this is a guitar forum but that singer is incredible
I actually love this
EDIT: Sorry one nitpick, in my very obviously not professional opinion, I think you should at 2:42 not resolve the melody this cleanly, it makes it feel too much like a complete ending and makes further transitions a little awkward. Just my opinion though of course
Haha no problem, I'll pass it on! :D Yea I'm super happy to work with him :)
And I totally get your nitpick, it's fair! I agree that could have been done a little better in hindsight.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Broooooo this slams 😳 what an incredible mix 😳 you gotta share your secrets 😳
Thanks man! I recorded it myself at home and then I send it to my buddy who mixed it and did something to the drums to make them a lot punchier. I think he also added some sub drops in a few parts. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure how he even did it. I barely know what I'm doing when I mix stuff. I appreciate the kind words though. I really like this song and think it's one of the best I've done. Sometimes I try and write overly complicated stuff but what works the best I find is usually simpler riffs that hit harder and just groove!

IT'z Roberto

Reaction score
Thanks man! I recorded it myself at home and then I send it to my buddy who mixed it and did something to the drums to make them a lot punchier. I think he also added some sub drops in a few parts. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure how he even did it. I barely know what I'm doing when I mix stuff. I appreciate the kind words though. I really like this song and think it's one of the best I've done. Sometimes I try and write overly complicated stuff but what works the best I find is usually simpler riffs that hit harder and just groove!
It's super groovy with just the right amount of complexity 🙌

The mix is insane man, does he have a page? The compression and punch of everything within the mix is epic

The solos are clear and crisp, the djenty parts are clear and crisp, man I'm just blown away at the professional quality 😳

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
It's super groovy with just the right amount of complexity 🙌

The mix is insane man, does he have a page? The compression and punch of everything within the mix is epic

The solos are clear and crisp, the djenty parts are clear and crisp, man I'm just blown away at the professional quality 😳
Thanks for all the kind words man. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately my buddy doesn't have a page. He's not a producer or anything, just a friend who has a good ear for things and was doing me a favor my tweaking my mix for me for fun. The drums were programmed by me and I use the drum program called GetGood Drums. Also I played all the guitars and bass parts. I used Logic X on a Mac. All the bass and guitar tones were from a Axe FX II going direct into the Mac.

MetalheadMC

Reaction score

Definitely got to stop posting "demos" after ive started drinking. Remixed the one heard above. This mix is definitely more balanced.

I did an A/B comparison to some of Fit for an Autopsy's work. Mainly Hellbound through The Great Collapse. Still might be a bit low mid heavy, but I dig the sound as of now. Vocals will definitely help soon.

Atefred

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Here's a thing I wrote/made 6 months ago, with the help of a vocalist I met on reddit. Had no idea what I was doing in terms of recording/mixing/mastering. Just reamped it after deciding I didn't like the base tone. Going to force myself to let it be and focus on new stuff from now on...