Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
Thats lovely, Smitty was another brand I need to look at but there aren't tonnes in the UK at the mo
I'm having a real case of Strat Indecisiveness at the moment, I guess I want "vintage tone" with "modern playability" if that means anything; also I like two knobs as I was always turning down the volume inadvertently when I had a Fender.

Shecter USA/Vigier/Music Man/PRS all on the radar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
I'm having a real case of Strat Indecisiveness at the moment, I guess I want "vintage tone" with "modern playability" if that means anything; also I like two knobs as I was always turning down the volume inadvertently when I had a Fender.

Took the words out of my mouth. I have a 'vintage' style LSL strat and a 'modern' super strat already - looking for a 1/2 way between the 2. Yeah I need to try a MM cutlass out at somepoint too! Wasn't a fan of the Silver Sky, couldn't get on with the radius.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
I don't like the looks of the Silver Sky, and I'd prefer a satin neck, but having played one out of curiosity I've got to admit it sounded great.

dirtool

Reaction score
jxwmlbdw1srm2awcv3zy.jpg

zvtwtbyztupx9rdtjjfg.jpg

Ormsby have some new entry level straight frets gtx in attractive colour.
No stainless steel frets and hipshot, seems indo made, and gigbag instead of hard shell case.
Like the colour but feel the open pore finish is not work with these colour at the same time.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

Schecter USA Nick Johnston FTW. And those pickups, bruh.

Some others to consider:
G&L USA - I played a bunch at AxePalace back in the day and they were aces
Why no Suhr? - Kind of the standard for modern strat with vintage tone, no?
Grey Guitars - Haven't physically played one, but gorgeous
Xotic - they kind of started the whole flame maple neck Strat thing
Peavey Limited VT (the SSS) or ST (SSH) - vintage tone but 15" radius
Fender American Elite or Ultra - compound radius neck + Fender = yes!

Took the words out of my mouth. I have a 'vintage' style LSL strat and a 'modern' super strat already - looking for a 1/2 way between the 2. Yeah I need to try a MM cutlass out at somepoint too! Wasn't a fan of the Silver Sky, couldn't get on with the radius.

I have a BFR Limited Cutlass. I wish I brought it with me (it's in storage right now). From what I remember, it played and sounded more modern like a Vigier or Suhr and less like a vintage Strat. Very playable.

Last edited:

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Saw both of these guys today, tried the pomegranate one:

75388482_2224871324477098_5744019043250077696_n.jpg

74784433_1028716884134461_4867425439431262208_n.jpg

Was planning to leave sort of on the fence about a maybe purchase, but the pomegranate one didn't look nearly as good in person as it did on the website photos (my photo is fairly realistic). Neck was sick visually. The Modern Eagle V is about the mini toggle for the 500/250 pot, but man, it was very hard to hear a difference back-toback. It was a tiiiiiny bit brighter, but probably not anything you wouldn't be able to dial in on the amp (with like a 1/50th turn of some knob).

Regardless, even without that switch it was a really versatile guitar. By far more versatile than anything I own.

MrBouleDeBowling

Reaction score
ESP is KILLING IT already with the 2020 line up.

The Viper is my favorite ESP model and this one speaks to me on every level. I know what my tax return will be for.

Attachments

• original.png
    original.png
    494.2 KB · Views: 37

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
is the TOM recessed and the break angle shallower on those because having the pickups stick out so far with no rings seems kind of silly