Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
2400412806_frt_wmd_001.png

USEDG6128T-1962-08.jpg

For the longest time, I never expected to GAS over a Gretsch ever, until today. At my usual music store haunting grounds, the owner pulled 2 recently acquired MIJ black Duo Jets for sale and made me played them both in front of the rest of the staff. Both played and sounded exquisite. The double cut won everyone's votes in sound, but I couldn't help but bond with the single cut more.

I wish I could walk out with at least one of them, so these will be haunting me all month now...

Do it. This is one of the best guitars I’ve ever played.

1685812776180.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wucan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How about some GRAS (Gear ReAcquisition Syndrome)?

I bought this LTD M-400 back when I was still a beginner so I had little idea how to play or adjust guitars. Not that I cared much about this particular model, I just knew that a Korean guitar with Seymour Duncan pickups for 400 CAD sounded like a good deal so I might as well try it.

The action was very high though, and the store's tech couldn't bring the string height down for shit. At the time I thought there was something wrong with the Floyd Rose so I just returned it, but in hindsight I bet the tech couldn't deal with spring tension to make the bridge flush with the body, or had the wherewithal to suggest just blocking the trem.

Years later, and I'm now a huge fan of maple fretboards contrasting with a matching body/headstock. This guitar had a real nice Jeff Loomis vibe to it... if only I knew who Jeff was back then.

DSC-0697.jpg

esp_lm400mdrm_ltd_m_400_m_series_1215785.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
2400412806_frt_wmd_001.png

USEDG6128T-1962-08.jpg

For the longest time, I never expected to GAS over a Gretsch ever, until today. At my usual music store haunting grounds, the owner pulled 2 recently acquired MIJ black Duo Jets for sale and made me played them both in front of the rest of the staff. Both played and sounded exquisite. The double cut won everyone's votes in sound, but I couldn't help but bond with the single cut more.

I wish I could walk out with at least one of them, so these will be haunting me all month now...
The Mal in me prefers the doublecut.
If I wanted a singlecut it'd be a Falcon.

Masoo2

Reaction score
this Kiesel Leia is all sorts of nice 😮‍💨

cc02166292184078c0d3b2074197eca6.jpg

635b87b328250da63ba71d036526cc58.jpg

they really need to start making 8 string Leias, even if they're only straight scale. I'd kill for an 8 string copy of this with the exact same specs + a single coil in the neck

think it's by far the best headless design Kiesel has and it's a shame that it's 6-7 string only

Masoo2

Reaction score
also GASing for an Ibanez EH10 - just a really solid aesthetic and the HS with the tele neck pickup is the perfect spec

ibanez-eh10-eric-hansel-signature-3510136.jpeg

don't think I've seen many appear in the wild at all, and absolutely none here on SSO

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
also GASing for an Ibanez EH10 - just a really solid aesthetic and the HS with the tele neck pickup is the perfect spec

don't think I've seen many appear in the wild at all, and absolutely none here on SSO

This gives me a choner. I put one in my Sweetwater cart.

Thanks!

ian540s

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I've been eyeing the one on IbanezRules for a while now... I believe there's one or two second stocks that keep calling my wallet...
I know the guitar is probably great, but I've never played a Premium tier model. Almost wish they went Prestige with these.