Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
167588495_4511551482194369_8491100922858115443_n.jpg

Too bad Dean Guitars lacked the wisdom to follow though on actually making this ML (before the litigation tripe with Rita at least), instead they settled with passing it off as a subpar April Fool's post.
Lisa Frank called. She said she either wants them to do it right, or fuck off.

EDIT: I'd rock a Lisa Frank Burst Tiger Stripe (just remove the nauseatingly cutesy tiger cub).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
I won't judge you but if you get it you HAVE to put a pair of puffy googley eyes with lashes on the headstock...honestly without the spongebob motif that would be an instant must have for me...Hxx strat...yellow, big headstock....excuse me I need some alone time now.

Masoo2

Reaction score
u2olyrokkgwcrc8xlnux.jpg

9330bb7e94ab44799767c140fc013e22.jpg

Shijie Guitars out of China(?). Budget/mid-range imports with roasted maple necks, nice finish options, and the oh so nice Schecter/Tom Anderson aesthetic.

Basically the exact guitars I wish Schecter would import to the US instead of leaving Japanese domestic market exclusive. It's the perfect super strat aesthetic but practically unobtainium in the US if you aren't willing to pay Tom Anderson prices or import from Japan.

No clue if these are any decent or not, but the prices I've seen are about double the cost of my NK .strandberg* copy with a roasted maple neck, roasted flamed maple fretboard, decent quilt veneer, etc. which is a shame as I'd really like to give them a try but don't want to risk that much dough without the guarantee of a return policy.

maxresdefault.jpg

Corona Guitars out of South Korea offers these really nice Suhr Modern T meets Charvel DK24/Ibanez AZ models. Been thinking about picking one up but I'm not sure which finish I'd opt for, probably pink. Again, basically my perfect modern tele-type guitar.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
I love the ibby on the beach pic and thank you for noticing this has turned into a purple GAS thread and keeping the theme going.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
That Jemini pedal is insanely priced on Reverb last I saw. It's literally just a Keeley modded TS9 and DS-1 -- and you can't even stack them. Why Ibanez didn't go ahead and have an option for "and"/"or" operation is beyond me. I guess, when it was still being sold, you could just bought two, and then stacked two modded TS9s, two modded DS-1s, a DS-1 into a TS9, or vice versa. Satch's signature Vox pedals were also just a Tube Screamer and a DS-1.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
I have a distinct lack of stratty single coil guitars, so I kind of want to do a neon green strat build. Thinking about chucking some of the fluence single coils in it. Although lollars or bardens could be good too.

Last edited:

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I have a distinct lack of stratty single coil guitars, so I kind of want to do a neon green strat build. Thinking about chucking some of the fluence single coils in it. Although lollars or bardens could be good too.

I have EMG single coils, and I really like them, especially if you replace the boring tone controls with a couple of EMGs EQs/preamps. They add a lot more versatility.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
That Jemini pedal is insanely priced on Reverb last I saw. It's literally just a Keeley modded TS9 and DS-1 -- and you can't even stack them. Why Ibanez didn't go ahead and have an option for "and"/"or" operation is beyond me. I guess, when it was still being sold, you could just bought two, and then stacked two modded TS9s, two modded DS-1s, a DS-1 into a TS9, or vice versa. Satch's signature Vox pedals were also just a Tube Screamer and a DS-1.
Everything discontinued with Vai's name on it is crazy money. But you can stack them, you just can't change the order.

Kellz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Please talk me out of this one. I'm hard GAS'ing this Ibanez AZ. I picked up the guitar again after more than 15 years, went straight for a 7 string - Schecter SLS Elite C-7 in standard A tuning, which I bought new not even 3 months ago and love it to death for heavy modern stuff (Erra, Spiritbox mostly). I play it every day for at least an hour.

Since I found out about the Ibanez AZ line I fell in love with this model, the finish, which is not for everyone, I just love it aswell as the gold hardware, SS frets, the roasted neck, pretty much everything about it, similar to my SLS Elite.

I want it as my 2nd main guitar for regular tuning non heavy stuff, here comes my conflict, I'm basically new (again) to playing the guitar and spending another ~1250€ just feels wrong. I got the funds but I'm a reasonable person and I always look for a sale. Buying used 2nd hand is not an option, it's either this guitar or none.

Yesterday I found out that my local music store which is just 10 minutes away from where I life has 1 left in stock and after it's sold, it could be obsolete because it's a 2020 model. I'm planning to go demo it tomorrow but I already know that I'd take it with me once I had it in my hands.

Should I stick to 7 strings? Did you buy 2 high end guitars when you started out playing (again)?

It only makes my play more right?

https://www.ibanez.com/eu/products/detail/az242pbg_1p_01.html

p_region_AZ242PBG_CKB_1P_01_sub_1.jpg

p_region_AZ242PBG_CKB_1P_01_sub_3.jpg

p_region_AZ242PBG_CKB_1P_01_sub_2.jpg

Last edited:

sym30l1c

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Please talk me out of this one. I'm hard GAS'ing this Ibanez AZ. I picked up the guitar again after more than 15 years, went straight for a 7 string - Schecter SLS Elite C-7 in standard A tuning, which I bought new not even 3 months ago and love it to death for heavy modern stuff (Erra, Spiritbox mostly). I play it every day for at least an hour.

Since I found out about the Ibanez AZ line I fell in love with this model, the finish, which is not for everyone, I just love it aswell as the gold hardware, SS frets, the roasted neck, pretty much everything about it, similar to my SLS Elite.

I want it as my 2nd main guitar for regular tuning non heavy stuff, here comes my conflict, I'm basically new (again) to playing the guitar and spending another ~1250€ just feels wrong. I got the funds but I'm a reasonable person and I always look for a sale. Buying used 2nd hand is not an option, it's either this guitar or none.

Yesterday I found out that my local music store which is just 10 minutes away from where I life has 1 left in stock and after it's sold, it could be obsolete because it's a 2020 model. I'm planning to go demo it tomorrow but I already know that I'd take it with me once I had it in my hands.

Should I stick to 7 strings? Did you buy 2 high end guitars when you started out playing (again)?

It only makes my play more right?

https://www.ibanez.com/eu/products/detail/az242pbg_1p_01.html

p_region_AZ242PBG_CKB_1P_01_sub_1.jpg

p_region_AZ242PBG_CKB_1P_01_sub_3.jpg

p_region_AZ242PBG_CKB_1P_01_sub_2.jpg

A little over a year ago, I started playing again after a 20 year break (I used to play prog metal in the 90s). I had my parents send me my old Ibby. After that, I bought two headless Aristides (a 7 and a 6 string).

I don't regret it one bit. If you can afford it, treat yourself!