Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DeepSixed

Reaction score
In my ongoing hunt for looking for Ibanez models nobody here wants, except me, I've got the Jetking gas bug.

jid2unhnj3ubiihtlqyk.jpg

I'd love to have the JT4 Bigsby models and probably change the pickups to HSP90s or Gold Foils or something. But it seems these are becoming scarce and those who own them aren't letting them go anytime soon. I should've snagged one years ago.

Looks like there’s one on Music Go Round for a decent price: https://www.musicgoround.com/produc...MI2sjkm8bBhAMVCofCCB3WKw3zEAQYASABEgJsYvD_BwE

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
My dream Ibanez has finally gone up for sale, only 12 of these were made. Been after a Cherry Blossom RG since I joined SSO with the RG2820qz.

What fucking psychopath does such a thing??? I think I'm going to be sick...

rasxngsp3nkv2vjxwwk0.jpg

qi7wi3rpl7uf6gavtisa.jpg

The perp needs to be held accountable.

DuR dUr DuR, I want to evertune this 1 of 12 models in existence, dUr DuR dUr.

What a jackass.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
New Strandberg for under $1000

Attachments

• IMG_3760.jpeg
    IMG_3760.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 35

Moongrum

Reaction score
My dream Ibanez has finally gone up for sale, only 12 of these were made. Been after a Cherry Blossom RG since I joined SSO with the RG2820qz.

rasxngsp3nkv2vjxwwk0.jpg

qi7wi3rpl7uf6gavtisa.jpg
Very curious to know what happened that they needed to add the border around the evertune. The original trem was larger than the evertune maybe?

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score

rasxngsp3nkv2vjxwwk0.jpg

qi7wi3rpl7uf6gavtisa.jpg

Personally I think the most egregious crime is the guy trying to sell it after the mods.

I'm all down for committing to irreversible mods, knowing resale value will plummet to hell, as long as I intend to keep it for good. But people fall on hard times I guess.

EDIT: Just saw the Reverb site and pricing...

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Isn't there a trick to keeping the edges from chipping when routing a finished guitar? Tape or something? Maybe more tricky with a veneer? I mean, the rear trem route chipping is not a deal breaker for me, its the other thing.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Isn't there a trick to keeping the edges from chipping when routing a finished guitar? Tape or something? Maybe more tricky with a veneer? I mean, the rear trem route chipping is not a deal breaker for me, its the other thing.

You can put tape over the cut and that will help a little bit, but it's also about bit speed, depth, and feed direction in relation to the grain.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
After talking with the builder, who is a genuinely swell dude, I decided to nut up and order another Ronciswall Vapor 7 guitar. Current wait time is about 10 months. This Christmas is gonna be lit.

These were the runner up configurations I considered:

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 04.09.04.png

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 17.11.24.png

Thesius

Reaction score
Combat seven string.

What's the deal with Combat I see used high-specced customs go from anywhere from ¥100,000 to ¥400,000.

I like their Kohey signature. He's a pretty swell dude too. Took the time to answer some stupid questions I had about some 90s~ Aria he used to own.

AltecGreen

Reaction score
What's the deal with Combat I see used high-specced customs go from anywhere from ¥100,000 to ¥400,000.

I like their Kohey signature. He's a pretty swell dude too. Took the time to answer some stupid questions I had about some 90s~ Aria he used to own.

They don't have high resale value for many of their used guitars. I bought one cheap that was beat up. You can tell it was a very high quality guitar new but the one I bought was played to death.

I think some sellers are overly optimistic with price but the cheaper ones tend to sell.

Latest posts