Post your pedalboard

• Thread starter budda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
My board is currently all over the place, but I'm planning on selling a bunch of stuff and downsizing to 5 pedals:

TC Polytune 3 mini, Strymon Sunset, Ibanez PTEQ, Strymon BigSky or SA Ventris, SA Collider (dual delay mode)

Also might get a compressor but we'll see. Waiting to sell some stuff so I can buy a Deluxe Reverb and decide if I need it. I also might keep my Dirty Tree around just in case, since the Sunset can't do the TC sound, but I also don't really use it now, so maybe not.

Last edited:

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
@TheWarAgainstTime thought about grabbing an axefx ii/iii for effects with the gcx instead?

I tried doing a 4CM setup for a while with my old Axe-FX II, but ultimately preferred the simplicity and particular sounds I've got set up with my pedals if I'm already using a real amp and cab anyway :shrug: I just got along best with the workflow of using the Axe-FX as an all-in-one solution for recording direct or running through a solid state power amp and cab as a separate full rig.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I tried doing a 4CM setup for a while with my old Axe-FX II, but ultimately preferred the simplicity and particular sounds I've got set up with my pedals if I'm already using a real amp and cab anyway :shrug: I just got along best with the workflow of using the Axe-FX as an all-in-one solution for recording direct or running through a solid state power amp and cab as a separate full rig.
Nice

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
I have two boards. The first is my acoustic board which is small and simple. The second is my main board for electric. It's a work in progress. The latest addition was the EQD Bellows. The board is due for rearranging and maybe an addition or two. I run this in front of my Mesas and don't bother with wiring anything for the effects loop.

I'm thinking of adding one of my delays back into the mix. It's a tough call between my EQD Disaster Transport, Empress Tape, Empress SuperDelay or the classic Boss DD20.

Attachments

• PXL_20240311_115514542~2.jpg
    PXL_20240311_115514542~2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20240311_115312370~2.jpg
    PXL_20240311_115312370~2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
@guitarmeister Disaster Transport always gets my vote! I was unfortunately less than wow'd by the Empress Tape, but I was looking for it to do some very specific things. The friend I sold it to loved it.

@DECEMBER What Carvin amp is that controller for? Reminding me of my old VL100, I loved that amp. Dig your track, especially the melody coming in around 0:45, sounds like ebow and maybe some reverb into dirt magic?

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
@guitarmeister Disaster Transport always gets my vote! I was unfortunately less than wow'd by the Empress Tape, but I was looking for it to do some very specific things. The friend I sold it to loved it.

The Disaster Transport is most likely what will land on the board. Lack of tap tempo has been my only reserve otherwise it'd be a no brainer. I've also been curious to try out the Disaster Transport reissue although I've heard it lacks the darker character of the original.

The Empress delays are really nice. I used them for years before I pulled all delays off my board. The darker characteristics of the Disaster Transport give it the edge over the Empress especially for running them in front of an amp.

@guitarmeister can i make it worse and add the diamond memory lane jr?
I had a feeling that recommendation would pop up. That's one delay that's always been on my radar but never bought it. I already have an excessive amount of delays and reverbs on hand so I should probably bite the bullet and finally give the Diamond a try.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I had the jr and it sounded really good. And solidgoldfx now makes Diamond pedals again to boot.

DECEMBER

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@DECEMBER What Carvin amp is that controller for? Reminding me of my old VL100, I loved that amp. Dig your track, especially the melody coming in around 0:45, sounds like ebow and maybe some reverb into dirt magic?
It's a Carvin V3, 3-channel 100W. Thanks for listening! I do use an eBow quite a bit, but not in this song. That first guitar part starts with strumming an open D chord in drop-D then bringing up the volume knob from 0. It's got a self-oscillating delay with a filter sweep modulation effect from the Nemesis and the Digitech FreqOut making the feedbacky sustain.
There are a few layers of the opening volume swell with different guitars and the feedback sustain of the last note, because I wasn't getting a smooth volume swell with the A25k pot on my current guitar with EMGs, so I mixed in the swell from an old take I did with a B500k pot on passive pickups. And the FreqOut is inconsistent, does some really cool things sometimes that you can't get it to do again. Some old takes that sounded pretty bad had the best volume swell and feedback, so I mixed them in with a new take.