Post your pedalboard

• Thread starter budda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Just recently added the Dire Wolf

4bc717c8-ceb7-41df-821e-5657342b31d2-jpeg.22165

Partario

Reaction score
Posting the rack too since it's integrated with the board.

The snake has an instrument cable for the front of the amp, midi, HX Effects power supply (with an extender), and a 9v power from the Truetone for the pedals. No separate power cable for the board, and no power supply under the board!

The CntlKnob get's converted to midi in the HX, then through the snake into a Voodoo Control Switcher, then into the DL4 to toggle the infinite delay feature.

The midi from the HX effects goes to the Voodoo control switcher, so I can change from rhythm channel to clean on the 6505+ with one foot press. It also sends the patch tempo to the DL4 in the rack so everything is synched up.

The entire HX Effects is inside the decimator loop to keep the same feel I had before I got the HX. It doesn't have an input gate like the Helix, and the gates included aren't nearly as responsive as the Decimator hardware.

This setup gives me some of the flexibility of a digital rig, but with a tube amp and cab. I can send an IR to the mains so I don't need a mic. When I record I unplug the cab and let the Torpedo do its thing, and play through the studio monitors. It's kind of like recording with an amp sim but without latency or processing power, so I can run my drums and bass software instruments and not change the DAW buffer. It was really fun figuring all this out and avoiding the tap dance that comes with using a 6505+ (if you need to switch to the clean channel, disable the overdrive, and turn on delay in the effects loop at the same time). It's made tracking so much easier since I'm not adjusting a mic or fiddling with an amp sim.

I originally tried the 4 cable method with the HX Effects to avoid putting hardware pedals in the rack, but every time I've tried connecting the 6506+ effects loop to the same piece of gear used in front of the amp, it gets crazy angry and noisy. The front and the loop need isolated audio signals in my experience. What's funny is the pedals in the rack add up to be more expensive than a second HX Effects, but I already owned them. Otherwise I'd have a second HX for the loop.

IMG_1991 Large.jpegIMG_1992 Large.jpegIMG_1993 Large.jpeg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a funny feeling I may want a decimator at some point, depending on how wild the feedback gets with the rig and whether we want that *all the time* haha. I had one way back in 05-ish, great pedal.

Partario

Reaction score
I have a funny feeling I may want a decimator at some point, depending on how wild the feedback gets with the rig and whether we want that *all the time* haha. I had one way back in 05-ish, great pedal.
I got the Decimator G around 2008, it's still going strong. The new Decimators have a link function, so if you have one in the front and one in the loop they will sync up. Pretty cool!

runbirdman

Lackawanna County Volunteer Sheriff's Deputy
Reaction score
Tweaking this for awhile. Golden Horse, N5, and Longsword, Halo, and Demhe are staples. Muffuletta and Argonaut have been on and off the board a ton but I they always find their way back on. I’ve swapped back and forth between the TA-1H and a CE-2W. The Mr. Black Phaser and Pack Rat were added this week. I don’t use the compressor a ton but it comes in handy. I’m still learning to use the Delta IV because it does so much more than the Magnatone wobble. I run the Slotva with two patches: a really light plate-ish sound and then the granular thing it does well.

I mostly live on the clean channel of a Peavey Invective 120 but I use the Futurist to control all the amp functions. Modulation is in one effects loop. Delay and reverb are in the other.

aWoodenShip

Reaction score
IMG_0828.jpeg
With the addition of the Tonex One I think I might actually be … done? This and an expression pedal give me access to just about everything I think I could possibly need.

If you told teenage me that this was all you needed to have access to almost any effect, any amp, and any speaker, and it actually sound good; I wouldn’t believe you. Most things in the world suck rn, but at least it’s a cool time to be a guitarist.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
View attachment 143979
With the addition of the Tonex One I think I might actually be … done? This and an expression pedal give me access to just about everything I think I could possibly need.

If you told teenage me that this was all you needed to have access to almost any effect, any amp, and any speaker, and it actually sound good; I wouldn’t believe you. Most things in the world suck rn, but at least it’s a cool time to be a guitarist.
Are you using ToneX for boosts? I thought about buying one so i could just have any boost I wanted in there... but no MIDI is a dealbreaker for me 😭

aWoodenShip

Reaction score
Are you using ToneX for boosts? I thought about buying one so i could just have any boost I wanted in there... but no MIDI is a dealbreaker for me 😭
I’m using it for access to more amps mostly. Or freeing up DSP on the stomp by moving OD+amp+cab duty onto the Tonex. That lets me realistically use those more hungry modulation/pitch effects without compromising much. I also use it in some patches two get entirely different amps in a single preset by disabling or enabling the fx loop via snapshot. I also plan on capturing both my Neural DSP Granophyre and Nameless plugin presets bc nothing on the stomp sounds quite like those two amps to me.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Dare i ask the weight @TonyFlyingSquirrel ? Is the Mondo just to power the helix pretty much?

I'll have to put it on the scale & find out the weight.

The Mondo Powers everything, I got it specifically because it would power the Digitech pedals due to their high amperage draw, and the courtesy AC Outlet on the Mondo. I got a Right Angle IEC shorter cable to run from the Helix to the Mondo, and everything else is connected to the Mondo via their appropriate spec'd jacks.

I eliminated a huge Worley ABC pedal by configuring the scene the way I did.
I have loop return A to the first wireless (Blue), Loop Return B to the 2nd one (Green), and when both of those are off, then you're on the cable by default. The Drop/Freq are in a discreet loop so I can set the Freq to momentary and have feedback sustain on demand like an expression pedal.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score

Pretty pumped on this board now. Everything but the top right 3 are Midi-controllable. Those 3 don't need to be, so totally fine. Just got the Bloom/Asabi yesterday.

I'm really surprised by the Bloom. It's such a simple to use compressor but it sounds great. Having the switchable EQ to shape the sound coming in is awesome as well (to compliment the PTEQ in the loop), plus the clean boost is great to push a clean sound into edge of breakup.

The Asabi is an interesting one. The distortion side is way more fuzzy than I expected. I'm running the gain at close to zero and the volume up instead because it turns into a fuzz super quickly if you reverse those. Using it's own boost, it becomes really grainy... But running a Klon in the OD-200 AFTER it sounds great. Weird! The boost side of it is killer though. Works well on tightening up a distorted amp but also has a ton of gain/volume by itself through a clean channel. Kinda want to buy the RAT module and see how I like that on the distortion side.

Last edited:

randall696

Reaction score
I lived without a pedalboard for like ever xD
But I never had any need, in the beginng my Line6 Amp had all the effects in it a beginner would need...
later I was an early 2000`s rack guy who had all his gear rackmounted and only a midi switcher for the feet (I hate midi with passion by the way)
So now I am old and only play for fun I am enjoying more and more boutique stuff and buy one amp after the other I finally had the need for some Pedals...
might get an MXR 10 Band EQ but then I am out of need for Pedals again I guess since I need them more for "pre processing in front of a tube amp" for "Effects" I still use Rack gear in the Loop:

Unbenannt10.jpg