Presidential debate 1

• Thread starter bob123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lurgar

Reaction score
After the first debate, my Facebook feed was a nonstop conservative photo feed and anti-Obama rhetoric.

After this debate, it's been mostly silent except for some people mad that Biden was "rude." And one guy who is basing his entire vote on the abortion issue.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
After the first debate, my Facebook feed was a nonstop conservative photo feed and anti-Obama rhetoric.

After this debate, it's been mostly silent except for some people mad that Biden was "rude." And one guy who is basing his entire vote on the abortion issue.

Same, except for the abortion rant, it was a picture of Bieden with some... not really funny caption. :lol:

EDIT: Since I believe someone posted the Obama/Romney hair swap...

A4-CmQRCQAAMvDq.jpg

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
I swear these polls and twitter feeds are filled with repubtards faking to be independent undecided voters. I can't believe people support the Romney Ryan ticket.

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
I liked how one of the final questions was what they would say to the soldier who commented that all advertising between candidates is anymore is low blows and attacks and how this type of competition isn't beneficial to politics. When asked to respond, Ryan proceded to list about a dozen things that Obama did wrong or lied about.

Stay classy.

Sunyata

Bro Story Cool
Reaction score
The eternal muppet frown...not a good look.
Also, that widows peak makes me uncomfortable too. It's like those elementary school kids who all gel their hair up like little fools.

flint757

Reaction score
I liked how one of the final questions was what they would say to the soldier who commented that all advertising between candidates is anymore is low blows and attacks and how this type of competition isn't beneficial to politics. When asked to respond, Ryan proceded to list about a dozen things that Obama did wrong or lied about.

Stay classy.

My thought exactly.

Both kind of led into politics despite the question basically being a one sentence answer, but Biden gave an overall more sincere, semi-good answer and Ryan kind of fell off the deep end. Half way through that question I thought Ryan may have forgotten what the question actually was. :lol:

YngwieJ

Reaction score
My thought exactly.

Both kind of led into politics despite the question basically being a one sentence answer, but Biden gave an overall more sincere, semi-good answer and Ryan kind of fell off the deep end. Half way through that question I thought Ryan may have forgotten what the question actually was. :lol:

I was really scratching my head at both of their answers. I expected Biden to go into the SCOTUS decisions on Citizen's United v. FEC and Freespechnow.org v. FEC and trying to pass a Constitutional Amendment to overturn these cases and go back to the funding rules for PACs under the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act. And I expected Ryan to be Ryan and either simply dodge the issue or show support for the court's decision.

But instead, Biden spent maybe five seconds acknowledging that there's a problem with Super PAC funding, and Ryan, ironically, used the same mudslinging tone that the ads use. I'm really not sure what his goal was here, and I don't think either of them really understood the question.

flint757

Reaction score
The question or rather the expected answer was IMO to say, "Yes, I feel ashamed, but when one side is attacking you the only thing that you can do is attack back or defend your position. The truth is people seem to respond better to more aggressive ads and if our opponent is the only one attacking, while it makes us look more civilized, ultimately doesn't help win any votes for us. It is a sad fact of politics."

I mean the question wasn't exactly a showstopper, Ryan just took the opportunity to mud sling as justification for mudslinging. The biggest problem with a Romney/Ryan ticket is how, while I know what they think they want to do, they have not shown us how nor can we be sure if their numbers will even be accurate (math not adding up IMO). The rest is "Well, I'm going to take this stance unless it doesn't work out, then never mind." :lol:

Randyrhoads123

Got a 7
Reaction score
Ryan really got grilled in this debate. I think that Biden did an excellent job of dismantling all the bullshit that got thrown around, and that he had specific answers and plans. He knew the facts and pushed them hard which, to me, is a very good thing. I also thought that the moderator did a good job of keeping the candidates on track, and seeking answers more aggressively. I can't wait to see how Obama changes his game for the next presidential debates after Biden's performance tonight. If it's anything like Biden's, then Romney is gonna have a hell of a time.

flint757

Reaction score
I preferred the format better this time around, they don't need to be on a large stage IMO. The intimate table setup is better acoustically and it seems to yield better results from the debaters. I thought the moderator was doing a fair job as well.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I've seen quite a few people praising Romney for being aggressive against Obama during the first debate. Now that Biden was the "aggressor", those same people were calling him rude and saying he was a hard-ass...

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Martha was fucking awesome.

Joe Biden was like a fucking steamroller of aggression.

Ryan was like a college class president dodging the questions of why you should trust anything that he says at all, repeating himself over and over and spewing bile at every turn.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I swear these polls and twitter feeds are filled with repubtards faking to be independent undecided voters. I can't believe people support the Romney Ryan ticket.

It's not that. They simply don't want Obama and think that change means immediate gratification. :2c: