Price Check! [Not sure if a guitar you're selling is priced right, post here.]

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NandoCalrissian

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey everyone. The last couple of weeks I've gotten insane amounts of GAS and decided to its time to purchase my first seven string. I've put in lots of research and decided that I was probably going to buy an Ibanez S71AL or go straight for the Schecter KM7 MKIII Artist. The main issue is that I live in middle America and not a single local store carries any seven strings, the closest guitar center with one is a few hours away. I played several 6 string versions of guitars that have similar necks and I think either will be fine and I don't plan on going lower than A so I think 25.5" won't be an issue...

Fast forward to earlier this week and I happened to find someone very near my town selling a used Ibanez RGIX27FEQM Iron Label with EMG 707s for $500. There is a decent scratch in the finish and apparently the killswitch could use resoldering, but I'm going to try it out this weekend and wondering if its worth buying on the spot. The only other used postings of this model I saw online were in the $800-$1000 range after shipping, so I could buy this and get it fixed and setup for much less. Seems like too good of a deal to pass up. Thoughts?

I play music

Reaction score
Hey everyone. The last couple of weeks I've gotten insane amounts of GAS and decided to its time to purchase my first seven string. I've put in lots of research and decided that I was probably going to buy an Ibanez S71AL or go straight for the Schecter KM7 MKIII Artist. The main issue is that I live in middle America and not a single local store carries any seven strings, the closest guitar center with one is a few hours away. I played several 6 string versions of guitars that have similar necks and I think either will be fine and I don't plan on going lower than A so I think 25.5" won't be an issue...

Fast forward to earlier this week and I happened to find someone very near my town selling a used Ibanez RGIX27FEQM Iron Label with EMG 707s for $500. There is a decent scratch in the finish and apparently the killswitch could use resoldering, but I'm going to try it out this weekend and wondering if its worth buying on the spot. The only other used postings of this model I saw online were in the $800-$1000 range after shipping, so I could buy this and get it fixed and setup for much less. Seems like too good of a deal to pass up. Thoughts?
Those other postings are way overpriced imo.

Maximal

Reaction score
What's a good price for buying a JP6 with shield inlays and Piezo in very good condition in the EU? They are close to 3-3.5k new but I'm not sure about typical used prices. Reverb seems kind of expensive right now.

Adieu

Reaction score

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Is 850$ fair for a 5153 50watt and a 2x12 with V30s?
Also what's a decent price for a block letter 5150? I've seen some floating around 600-700$

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Is 850$ fair for a 5153 50watt and a 2x12 with V30s?
Also what's a decent price for a block letter 5150? I've seen some floating around 600-700$

is the 2x12 name brand? I see v1 5153 50W's asking for 800-850 w/ no cab on CL all the time.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Hi guys so I've put my esp on reverb for 4k

No bridge and it's beat to shit, if you sell that for 4K you outright scammed someone. Those EXP models don't bring a lot of money even in mint condition, as they are usually the "can't afford an MX" option so people won't pay through the roof for them. Especially not in this shape.
Even for 1500 I wouldn't want it.

I play music

Reaction score
No bridge and it's beat to shit, if you sell that for 4K you outright scammed someone. Those EXP models don't bring a lot of money even in mint condition, as they are usually the "can't afford an MX" option so people won't pay through the roof for them. Especially not in this shape.
Even for 1500 I wouldn't want it.
Yo I thought the whole point of buying an ESP explorer was better quality/price ratio than Gibbson...

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I am doing a price check for an acquaintance who is considering selling a Jackson custom shop warrior. I asked if he knew who painted it and he said “rosendo 08.” Not sure tons of specifics on it but I can find out. Any ball parks?

Attachments

• 436FB0A6-0B0A-41A5-8EEC-33FBE6471803.jpeg
    436FB0A6-0B0A-41A5-8EEC-33FBE6471803.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
I am doing a price check for an acquaintance who is considering selling a Jackson custom shop warrior. I asked if he knew who painted it and he said “rosendo 08.” Not sure tons of specifics on it but I can find out. Any ball parks?

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Looking for a little help. Apologies if wrong thread.

I have a Kiesel Aries 7 in racing green. Bought from someone, not my personal build. Specs:

• Model Year: 2017
  • Number of Frets: 24
  • Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
  • Body Material: Mahogany
  • Body StyleEbonyBody Shape: Aries
  • Finish: Gloss
  • Pickup Configuration: HS
  • Neck Material: 5-Piece Walnut Neck w/ 2 Purple Heart Stripes
  • Fingerboard Material: Ebony
  • Color: Kiesel Racing Green
  • Bridge: Floyd Rose
eel69rw1yengv1hmekqp.jpg

I've been offered two guitars for this (2 for 1 deal), but not really sure if the values line up in either direction. My gut is the value is roughly equal, but unsure if the Jackson is truly worth it.

It's a Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas and a Jackson DKA8 (26.5" scale length). Is this trade worth? Like I said, big worry is the DKA8. I know what the Charvel is worth and know it is a good guitar - my dad has the same one.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Curious as to what y'all think of this.

I have an Epiphone G400 Custom Ivory with Duncan JB/Entwistle mid/neck that I put online for $500 (fully expecting to get haggled down to $450). Got a trade offer for a Pacifica 510V in Pearloid Red, has a Duncan Trembucker (splittable), Wilkinson bridge, tusq nut in good shape.

Anyone know what the 510Vs go for in good to very good shape? I can't seem to find any online, and Pacifica prices are high or low as the models tend to be either the 112 or the top of the line; no real in the middle 5 or 6 series to compare to.

Wucan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looking for a little help. Apologies if wrong thread.

I have a Kiesel Aries 7 in racing green. Bought from someone, not my personal build. Specs:

• Model Year: 2017
  • Number of Frets: 24
  • Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
  • Body Material: Mahogany
  • Body StyleEbonyBody Shape: Aries
  • Finish: Gloss
  • Pickup Configuration: HS
  • Neck Material: 5-Piece Walnut Neck w/ 2 Purple Heart Stripes
  • Fingerboard Material: Ebony
  • Color: Kiesel Racing Green
  • Bridge: Floyd Rose

I've been offered two guitars for this (2 for 1 deal), but not really sure if the values line up in either direction. My gut is the value is roughly equal, but unsure if the Jackson is truly worth it.

It's a Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas and a Jackson DKA8 (26.5" scale length). Is this trade worth? Like I said, big worry is the DKA8. I know what the Charvel is worth and know it is a good guitar - my dad has the same one.

The Charvel will go for $500-700 depending on specs and recency. The DKA8 will probably go for $400-500 but it might take a while to move. I'd try getting full value for the Kiesel first.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
What's a fair used price on a Peavey 5150 head these days? Saw a lot of jackass scalpers over the web when Eddie died, but I don't know if that had any impact on the overall price of used gear.
before he died you'd see em anywhere from 600-800usd. Nowadays I rarely see them below 1000. Just grab a 6505+ or wait for the 5150 iconic when that comes out.