Price Check! [Not sure if a guitar you're selling is priced right, post here.]

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got a 7 string Mazeti guitar, no clue how many have been made, there's no information about them anywhere so I've no clue how much to sell it for.
It's a 25.5" scale, 22 fret floyd rose which even has "Licensed" embossed into it.
I don't even know what pickups are in it because it's at least 3rd hand but they sounds nice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
A perfectly fine dual rectifier with newish tubes, with two additional unused tubes thrown in for free, plus the rackmount bar thing. ALL FOR 800 but like next to no hits :|

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
What would I personally pay? Nada, I have to pay for school, I ain't got that kinda scratch! ;)

But aren't they going for like $4000, these B6's (condition being considered)? Someone fact check me. :)

MJS

Reaction score
I'd pay half of whatever Siggery would charge to clone it. :D

Are you trying to sell one? If so, it doesn't really matter what it's worth, since it's clear people will pay way more than that, so... I would just put it on eBay and let people know about the auction. You only need two geniuses getting into a bidding war to turn it into a big pile of cash.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
X = how much you'd be willing to pay.
Y = how much someone else will pay

Theorem: X < Y

Assume Y = X + K, where K is an unknown constant.

However from experimental observation some value can be given to K.

K =1000*1.67

Thus Y = X + 1670.

I believe the code looks like this.
double X = money offered();
If (X == acceptable offer)
sell BM;
else
X++;
acceptable offer = X + $1670
end

:lol: sorry my coding days are behind me.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Well, considering what people have sold them for, I wouldn't pay more than 3.5k for a like new USED one. Personally anyway, that'd be my limit.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A perfectly fine dual rectifier with newish tubes, with two additional unused tubes thrown in for free, plus the rackmount bar thing. ALL FOR 800 but like next to no hits :|

Not sure what things are like in Canada, but I can get a practically brand new three channel Dual or Triple for under $1k delivered. The GC Used site has dozens of them for ~$1k, they'll ship it to the nearest store so you can even try it out first.

As for tubes, unless you've got it loaded with some rare NOS ones, it's not really going to help the value, especially on a tube drain like a Recto. It's like having new strings as a selling point on a guitar. Tubes can go for no reason, and who is to say they'll even survive shipping. The two additional, if they're power tubes, are practically useless since they won't be matched to a set needed to feed the tube hungry recto.

The prices on used Rectos have never been too high. For a little more you can find two channel and Racktos. If you want to get rid of it you're going to have to either take a bath on the price, trade for something closer to what you want, or ship it overseas.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
I am not selling one, just clarifying. Trying to decide if this is something I want to commit to buying. I will have to sell a ton of stuff to afford it. Not sure if it is worth selling so many to get one I have never even tried :/

mhickman2

The Abiding Dude
Reaction score
What would you guys pay for a like new Blackmachine B6? :wallbash:

Depending on the hardware, anywhere from $2800 to $3600. I own one with a Schaller Hannes bridge and I regularly get offers messaged to me up to $3500. I've never even thought about selling it though. The time it took me to track one down with the specs I liked is enough to offset the desire to move it and try to obtain it later. If you have a shot at one, give it a go. It's not for everyone, but I've bonded with it the best of all the guitars I've owned so far.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Depending on the hardware, anywhere from $2800 to $3600. I own one with a Schaller Hannes bridge and I regularly get offers messaged to me up to $3500. I've never even thought about selling it though. The time it took me to track one down with the specs I liked is enough to offset the desire to move it and try to obtain it later. If you have a shot at one, give it a go. It's not for everyone, but I've bonded with it the best of all the guitars I've owned so far.

That's how I would be. Cheers to that :agreed:!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score

For a B6? That's crazy, they were £1050 new!

And the specs don't change on the B6, Swamp ash body, hannes bridge, BKP, maple neck, rosewood board. You guys are insane! :lol:

But anyway, if that was here for sale and I had first dibs, I'd possibly throw the dude £14-1500 but only knowing I could sell it on for that. If a USAmerican was buying it, I guess they started in the UK so you'd be looking at what $2-2.5k max? The last two B6's I've seen in person had picked up an awful lot of dirt, didn't look very nice at all.

I guess you can't put a price on what you want. I was offered a B7 in 2007, used but mint, for £1650 (less than what I paid for say, my Mayones) and I went...

...nah, not fussed about 7's.

If only we could turn back time...

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score

I'd put it on ebay with international shipping to the UK. A used dual recto here would probably cost about £1150 (think that's what I got for mine) in any reasonable condition.

Your $800 plus say $100 to ship it, plus 25% duties n tax and crap, about $1200... Sounds like a hell of a deal to me.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
For a B6? That's crazy, they were £1050 new!

And the specs don't change on the B6, Swamp ash body, hannes bridge, BKP, maple neck, rosewood board. You guys are insane! :lol:

But anyway, if that was here for sale and I had first dibs, I'd possibly throw the dude £14-1500 but only knowing I could sell it on for that. If a USAmerican was buying it, I guess they started in the UK so you'd be looking at what $2-2.5k max? The last two B6's I've seen in person had picked up an awful lot of dirt, didn't look very nice at all.

I guess you can't put a price on what you want. I was offered a B7 in 2007, used but mint, for £1650 (less than what I paid for say, my Mayones) and I went...

...nah, not fussed about 7's.

If only we could turn back time...

I was quoted at 1900GBP plus shipping for a new one when the last B6 came up for sale. :/

Waiting to talk to my two main guitar GASheads for advice, but I may go ahead and sell a BUNCH of shit and make a run at the B7 on the site. VERY conflicted about it. But I have to ask Rob and Mesh for their ultimate GAS-JUNKY opinions. :D It is really mainly that everything except TWO guitars that I have ever GASsed for I have gotten and played now... With the exception of two-three... A blackmachine and the Caparison Joel Stroetzel model/Capa soilwork customs. That is it! There is literally nothing left!