Price Check! [Not sure if a guitar you're selling is priced right, post here.]

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I was quoted at 1900GBP plus shipping for a new one when the last B6 came up for sale. :/

Waiting to talk to my two main guitar GASheads for advice, but I may go ahead and sell a BUNCH of shit and make a run at the B7 on the site. VERY conflicted about it. But I have to ask Rob and Mesh for their ultimate GAS-JUNKY opinions. :D It is really mainly that everything except TWO guitars that I have ever GASsed for I have gotten and played now... With the exception of two-three... A blackmachine and the Caparison Joel Stroetzel model/Capa soilwork customs. That is it! There is literally nothing left!

I was hanging with KSE this weekend and Joel's sig is tasty dude - you'd love it. Its everything I like about the angelus, while being slightly different.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
trade for something closer to what you want, or ship it overseas.

A note about selling overseas. A guitar or preamp, maybe even a poweramp if there is an extremely low price can be a good deal for a european guy.
A full sized amp head ? With the shipping: not a chance. Remember the shippign gets added to the value for tax % so it's a double hit.
Plus, remember the 110V/220V thingy, yes while having a cheap mesa amp is nice, having a mesa amp 90% as expênsive as in europe AND a mandatory transformer isn't.

TLDR: I wouldn't bother trying to sell a non boutique amp head overseas.

Your $800 plus say $100 to ship it
100$ is what I pay to ship a guitar, I doubt an amp head will cost the same.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
^I think I paid about $120 for the Mesa I imported on someone's behalf, though that was from a company so it may have been subsidised.

Last guitar was about $65 but took three weeks. Most I've spent on a guitar was $110 but the guy was pushing it a bit... The amp is heavier sure but not enough to outweigh the fact that it's so much smaller I don't think.

I guess it depends on a lot.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Been trying to sell my Schecter Hellraiser V7.

I keep seeing the C7s come and go and the V is very rare to find.- I also know theC7s were cheaper.

What do you think is a fair price?

I bought it new and aside from a ding on the tip of the headstock and a tiny nick on the back pf the neck it is mint.

Thanks

Numax75

Reaction score
Somebody wants to sell me this guitar. Can You give me an idea of the price(prize) of this guitar. He says that she(it) dates 1983. It is possible? If you have the other details about this guitar... Thank you.
Sadden for my English, I am French-speaking.I send you some photos.
Thank you for your help my new friends.

Attachments

• P1020036.JPG
    P1020036.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 15
  • P1020041.JPG
    P1020041.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 14
  • P1020044.JPG
    P1020044.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 14
  • P1020043.JPG
    P1020043.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 20
  • P1020047.JPG
    P1020047.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 12

Numax75

Reaction score
Still some photos.
Still thank you.

Attachments

• P1020042.JPG
    P1020042.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 6
  • P1020039.JPG
    P1020039.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 10
  • P1020038.JPG
    P1020038.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 9
  • P1020037.JPG
    P1020037.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 9

Numax75

Reaction score
And still and still this one does not cross(spend)
the third attempt

Attachments

• ariared.png
    ariared.png
    324.7 KB · Views: 18

Diabolical93

Reaction score
Hey guys! Two guitars that I want to sell, but need your advice, need money to buy a 7-string of another SS.org user.

1. An Ibanez RG570 from -01. (Pre-prestige, MIJ). On half major ding on the body. Bought it for roughly 550$. There comes strap locks and a Levy Stretch strap with it. Think I can get more for it? Think he sold it for cheaper than what it was worth...

2. A Schecter Omen Extreme (Diamond Series, MIC). Bought it for roughly 450 $, brand new -10. No dings anywhere, bought a new bridge so it´s more quality there. There´s B-E-A-D-G-B on it right now.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A note about selling overseas. A guitar or preamp, maybe even a poweramp if there is an extremely low price can be a good deal for a european guy.
A full sized amp head ? With the shipping: not a chance. Remember the shippign gets added to the value for tax % so it's a double hit.
Plus, remember the 110V/220V thingy, yes while having a cheap mesa amp is nice, having a mesa amp 90% as expênsive as in europe AND a mandatory transformer isn't.

TLDR: I wouldn't bother trying to sell a non boutique amp head overseas.

100$ is what I pay to ship a guitar, I doubt an amp head will cost the same.

Maybe to the EU it isn't as viable, but there are a few guys over on HCAF who have made a living shipping Mesa, and similar, amps to places like Russia and the smaller Southeast Asian nations.

nkri

Reaction score
What do you guys think is a good price for an Ibanez RG1451? I'm not selling it...my friend wants to buy it, but doesn't know if $450-550 is a good range for a minty used one. Thoughts?

K3V1N SHR3DZ

Reaction score
what could I get for this beast? its a 2000 model.

wp000098copy.jpg
[/URL]
a few nicks here and there, everything functions as it should.
Just haven't been able to jive with it. Small frets, neck shape is meh, Blazes BLOW....
I'd honestly rather buy an RG2127z or start a custom fund.

kn1feparty

Guitarded
Reaction score
Is $600 a fair price for a 7421xl in good condition, with the usual exception of a few small chips in the finish and light scratches?

Diabolical93

Reaction score
I am trying to buy a RG7621 from another ss.org user..
It's in natural wood colour (black paint removed), hipshot bridgr, oiled and waxed, includes a new hardcase, Seymour Duncan PU's, including shipping from Germany to Sweden for 769€.
I think it's a bit overrated... Whatya think?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am trying to buy a RG7621 from another ss.org user..
It's in natural wood colour (black paint removed), hipshot bridgr, oiled and waxed, includes a new hardcase, Seymour Duncan PU's, including shipping from Germany to Sweden for 769€.
I think it's a bit overrated... Whatya think?

Seems a little high, but RG7621s are a bit pricier overseas. I don't think a basic oil/wax refinish should add so much to price, it's not exactly expensive or difficult to do.

Kreempeeper546

Reaction score
I have a SC-207 LTD 7-string guitar. (Stephen Carpenter's Signature Model 7 String) It is black, in mint condition, has an EMG 81 and 85, snap on strap locks and camouflage DiMarzzio strap. I've got an ESP hardcase that I am including with it. Im asking $400. Is that reasonable?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a SC-207 LTD 7-string guitar. (Stephen Carpenter's Signature Model 7 String) It is black, in mint condition, has an EMG 81 and 85, snap on strap locks and camouflage DiMarzzio strap. I've got an ESP hardcase that I am including with it. Im asking $400. Is that reasonable?

So you put a set of 6-string pickups in it? :scratch: