PRS Lovefest

• Thread starter Devotion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a CE22 which I sadly had to sell to pay some expensive bills (home ownership, woopy). I loved it, I would probably still have it if I didn't need to sell it. These new ones come with the Prs Designed Tuners and Bridge that you see on the S2 guitars. You could buy a second hand USA Prs bridge or a Mann bridge, Schaller tuners etc and have one just like the old models. But at that point you may as well buy the old model.

Any way, good to see a bolt on PRS because the one I had was quite special.

Crap yeah I missed the hardware in my first read. Shame as the CEs were awesome...

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
The CE's aren't on the site :scratch:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Ah.

I almost had a CE22 stoptail as a backup to my custom 22, but the seller sold it to his brother the day we were supposed to meet. That was a bit of a bummer.

JungleLally

Reaction score
Did someone say the PRS CE line is coming back in 2016?

Oh wait:

NGD! 2016 PRS CE24 in Amber - Brand spankin' new from Chuck Levin's Washingtonian in Maryland. The same CE features we all love and missed. Available in most staple PRS colorways. May be the first one sold to the public (that I know of, don't quote me on that)

-Bolt on maple neck
-Mahogany body, flamed maple top
-PRS 85/15 pickups
-Wide thin neck

I also played some core line guitars today, prior to playing the new CE's. This thing feels JUST as good as a stock CU24 - For me, maybe better taking into account the unfinished WT neck.

Attachments

• PRS CE 2.jpg
    PRS CE 2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 126
  • PRS CE 3.jpg
    PRS CE 3.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 93
  • PRS CE.jpg
    PRS CE.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 88

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score

Oh wait:

NGD! 2016 PRS CE24 in Amber - Brand spankin' new from Chuck Levin's Washingtonian in Maryland. The same CE features we all love and missed. Available in most staple PRS colorways. May be the first one sold to the public (that I know of, don't quote me on that)

-Bolt on maple neck
-PRS 85/15 pickups
-Wide thin neck

I also played some core line guitars today, prior to playing the new CE's. This thing feels JUST as good as a stock CU24 - For me, maybe better taking into account the unfinished WT neck.

I need it!!! :bowdown:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Sadly, the wide-thin is my least favourite neck profile. Pattern would do well for me.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score

Oh wait:

-Bolt on maple neck
-PRS 85/15 pickups
-Wide thin neck

Are those S2 birds or Core birds? (hard to tell from photos)

XiXora

Reaction score
Could you take a picture of the back tuning machines please? I'm wondering what would fit in their place.

Rich5150

Reaction score
What is the bottom left model? Is it a Dusty Waring? That satin finish with the red looks amaaaazing! :) tell me more!

Apologies didn't see this till today. Yes that the Jade and the Faded Whale are all Waring models

A-Branger

Reaction score
whts the difference with the CE PRS models?

a more budget friendly version?. That would be awesome as some people (like me) cant really afford a normal PRS, and the S2 are quite different in shape, and the SE are "too cheap" not really, but yeah?, like their tops are too "flat" and dont have many options in colors, and the colors they have are pretty bad/average to what a PRS stains normally would look like

but would be awesome to have a mid point between the SE and the normal PRS. Is this CE line fitting that gap?

XiXora

Reaction score
whts the difference with the CE PRS models?

a more budget friendly version?. That would be awesome as some people (like me) cant really afford a normal PRS, and the S2 are quite different in shape, and the SE are "too cheap" not really, but yeah?, like their tops are too "flat" and dont have many options in colors, and the colors they have are pretty bad/average to what a PRS stains normally would look like

but would be awesome to have a mid point between the SE and the normal PRS. Is this CE line fitting that gap?

According to the leak, it'll fit between he S2 and Core models.

I found this on another forum:
  1. $500: SE Standard 24
  2. $760: SE Custom 24
  3. $1,000: S2 Standard 24 Satin
  4. $1,200: S2 Standard 24
  5. $1,400: S2 Custom 24
  6. $2,000: CE 24
  7. $2,700: Brent Mason Sig
  8. $3,000: Core Custom 24

I just wish for it to be closer to the Core than S2 but I'd understand for it to be more price conscious if they would like to keep their profit margin for the main factory.

A-Branger

Reaction score
cool. Yeah I kinda whish they are closer to the S2, but I get the need to make them more "expensive" as they are full on carve tops, rather than flat as the s2.

If you want expensive components then you have your core models, I just hope they have the color stains as the core models. The color stains for the SE and S2 are really average/dull for PRS.

I wont be able to afford one yet, but its good to know I will be able at some point :)