PSA Squier Strat VII

• Thread starter slim231990
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Those have standard body with standard FMIC neck joint or is it different due to the 7-string neck size?

I should release all mine back into the wild, I guess.

Drive them down to southern VA and release them into the wild. ;)

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Those have standard body with standard FMIC neck joint or is it different due to the 7-string neck size?

Drive them down to southern VA and release them into the wild. ;)

The neck joint is different. It's wider for the extra string and the heel extends deeper into the body compared to a typical 22-fret Fender neck.

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
I'm no strat expert by any means, but the body feels a bit bigger and thicker than other strats I've played. My VII is also pretty damn heavy. I've never weighed it and can't provide an exact weight but its just as heavy as my lady's 7 string Alder Delos that has a trem. The body wood is supposed to be Agathis I believe. People knock it for being "soft firewood", but mine is 21 years old and is in great condition. It seems much harder than the Basswood guitars I've had in the past and a bit darker sounding like Mahogany to my ears.
:yoda:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Nothing on these is standard Fender compliant. Not MIA, MIM, MIJ, etc.

All Parts used to have some import components that mated up, but who knows if they even have them anymore.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
giphy.gif

I was just thinking about this guitar the other day too...

slim231990

Areola51
Reaction score
Nice collection! Yea I'm looking for a purple metallic one at a good price, so I've been scanning the web once a day to see what's out there in the wild lol. This thread got allot more views than I expected so If I find more I'll post them. These things are seriously sleepers! :cheers:

cardinal

Reaction score
Nice collection! Yea I'm looking for a purple metallic one at a good price, so I've been scanning the web once a day to see what's out there in the wild lol. This thread got allot more views than I expected so If I find more I'll post them. These things are seriously sleepers! :cheers:

I checked and sorry, I have a few more bodies/necks but they are all black or sunburst.

Estilo

Reaction score
Wondering how the 7 string Stagemaster compare to the Stratocaster VII? I've never seen the latter in the flesh all my life (lived in Southeast Asia and Australia).

exo

Reaction score
Bit steep for an Indo Squier, no?

discontinued for close to 20 years, and current “mid level” Squiers push $500 new without offering a 7? Nah….$350-ish is probably on the low side of “right”.

inflation SUCKS.

Adieu

Reaction score
Doesn't Jackson have much better budget 7s?

Plus, the whole everything-modular-and-widely-available strat allure doesn't really fly with a 7 since literally nothing whatsoever fits it

exo

Reaction score
Doesn't Jackson have much better budget 7s?

Plus, the whole everything-modular-and-widely-available strat allure doesn't really fly with a 7 since literally nothing whatsoever fits it

seems like you’re overthinking…..if you want a full on “Strat body” style 7…..can you snare one for cheaper?

js22/32-7 or Ibby 7320/21 doesn’t count because the body has those sharp “super-strat” contours……

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bit steep for an Indo Squier, no?

They have a cult following which keeps the price on the high side relative to the spec sheet.

That said, these are some fun guitars that are usually decently built, so I don't think I'd feel cheated paying for one if I had to scratch that particular itch.

cardinal

Reaction score
I actually really like them. Fretwork on them is consistently nice, necks are well flat sawn for the most part. Body is soft but the finish sure is hard enough. Neck has a nice C shape and the finish is satin. There's a lot to like.