Punchy/Heavy Mix Test

• Thread starter Gemmeadia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TankJon666

Reaction score
Kick sounds nice. Snare does too but is perhaps a touch loud? Guitars sound great. What did you use for them?

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score
So brutal. What are you using for drums/guitar/etc.?

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
Dat punch.

And regarding the snare being a touch loud; actually not. I find them too mellow and click-like. Give it a tweak on the EQ or something, it's close but not quite.

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I used SD2 with a kick it got from a bands recording. For guitars I used an AxeFX Ultra.

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Asrial - what would you suggest for EQ? more mids?

cGoEcYk - They are tuned to drop G.

Jacobine - Yep, those are bass drops.

Progfather

Reaction score
Man I love the patch you're using on your Ultra. I'm using the same setup but I'm struggling to find a good patch on my Axe for direct recording. Would you mind sharing your patch perhaps? If not, any tips are appreciated! I know this thing is a powerful unit but this is my first week using it in a recording environment and it is completely different compared to running it through a power amp and cab.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Whoa. This is really good! Give the guitar a little more high end (or little less low end) to get it a little more present in the mix and it's perfect.

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Thanks guys! It took me about a month before I was somewhat happy with my tone lol i was so worried (since i had a great tone on my pod and sold it for my ultra) Unfortunately I suck at using axe edit minus creating tones and just overwriting a preset on the axe that i didnt like. If someone could run me through how to save and export a preset as well as load cab impulses (havent gotten redeirez to work ON the axe, only in my DAW) i will share it with you guys :D