Quick glue repair question!

NewCultKing

Reaction score
Hi y’all, I recently imported a guitar to the states and one of the points unfortunately came in damaged, which is odd considering how well the guitar was packed. I wanna try glueing the tip back on. Has anyone repaired this type of damage with just super glue? Or would I need to get proper wood glue/epoxy. Input would be appreciated.IMG_5695.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
CA is too brittle for this stuff.

You want wood glue, which will bond the wood fibers just about permanently once cured.

Brush a bunch on both the guitar and the piece you're reattaching. Hold tight, ideally clamp, but that's a wonky spot if you don't have a good setup, for about half an hour, wiping away the excess.

Sand and buff smooth.

Once stable, you can consider more cosmetic measures if desired.

NewCultKing

Reaction score
CA is too brittle for this stuff.

You want wood glue, which will bond the wood fibers just about permanently once cured.

Brush a bunch on both the guitar and the piece you're reattaching. Hold tight, ideally clamp, but that's a wonky spot if you don't have a good setup, for about half an hour, wiping away the excess.

Sand and buff smooth.

Once stable, you can consider more cosmetic measures if desired.
Appreciate you, bud. I’ma try to get this fixed this week.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Appreciate you, bud. I’ma try to get this fixed this week.

Best of luck!

Take your time, get all your supplies together beforehand, and remember, with guitars just about anything can be fixed or redone.

It wouldn't hurt to watch some relevant repair vids on YouTube, they can really help you understand the process and how it's expected to go.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
I think if you use wood glue, press it tight, wipe off the excess, and tape it firmly down (instead of clamping) you'll get a good bond. If you wipe the excess off properly there probably won't be a need to sand and buff.

Try to tape it so some air can still get to the joint.

Wipe off glue with a slightly damp paper towel.

Overall it's a few minutes of careful, patient work, and then about a day of waiting for it to dry , and then you're golden.