Rabea signs with EBMM

• Thread starter Kwert
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mehegama

Reaction score
I counted over 20 different posters disagreeing with you though, which is quite a bit considering the size of this forum and the niche nature of this thread
It s more like 11 but, even they were 100 what does that mean? You ll tell me what to say or think? You have a very nice idea about how forums work, nice. Also not a word about these muppets calling me names. Listen, let's agree to disagree, we will not each other's opinion, just accept that some prople in here are loser trolls and I think you should be a bit more sensitive about them, when you say you want a civilized forum, which i want too.

?? I said my opinion on Rabea's getting a deal. You disagree with me fine. What do you want now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kwert

Reaction score
inflammatory statement? Am I not allowed to have that opinion? Why is it inflammatory? Rabea has produced only 2 jams\songs the last 3 years, apart from a few shows here and there with Frogleap (where they play covers), he has not giged since at least 2016, and even then it was a few shows with Chapman. These are hard facts and that's why I said "what has he offered in terms of music, to have a signature?" I do not see why this is controversial or inflammatory. And again if I had said he is shite, which i did not, still it could be my opinion, am i not allowed to have that? I m sorry but if people get hurt coz of some guy in the internet thinks an artist does not deserve a sig model (which is not what i implied as you say), then i m sorry but these people need to revaluate their stance in life. There are way more important things to feel hurt .

I was not the one to start calling names, but when some trolls did I replied. Maybe i just should have ignored them.

Also, what do you mean hasn’t gigged since 2016?

Toska played Brutal Assault, Arctangent, Radar Festival and Download in 2019. They were set to play Radar again in 2020 and also a UK headlining tour before everything shut down. They also had a headlining EU tour in 2018, ArcTangent, FestiWall etc etc etc.

The problem with everything you’re saying is that you’re ignoring definitive counters to your “arguments” and pressing on with these stubborn assertions rooted in incorrect information.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
The first Hoobastank album was cool, though admittedly when I first heard Crawling In The Dark, I thought it was a new Incubus song.

They got massive with The Reason, though that was also when I got off the train.
Yeah, I also remember thinking that Crawling in the Dark was solid for that kind of radio rock. Then The Reason came out and was just unbearably saccharine.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy shit 12 pages of whining already. :lol:

I hope some mod cleans this dumpster fire of a thread. I'm genuinely interested in the guitar (and Rabea's music in general), and it would be sad to have the thread locked because of Kid Troll.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
BACK ON TOPIC
This is something I've been wondering for a while, how much of the changing neck thickness (as you go higher up the frets) do we think is an actual reverse carve OR just the work of the actual profile of the neck and the fretboard radius?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
BACK ON TOPIC
This is something I've been wondering for a while, how much of the changing neck thickness (as you go higher up the frets) do we think is an actual reverse carve OR just the work of the actual profile of the neck and the fretboard radius?

I don't know. EBMM isn't known for posting a lot of neck specs, so I'm interested to see how these goes.

If they're mass marketing this eventually, it'll probably be minimal.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I know Fender does C to D profiles on some of their higher end modern models so maybe it’s something along those lines

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know Fender does C to D profiles on some of their higher end modern models so maybe it’s something along those lines

A lot of necks vary from first to last fret, it's not a new/different thing. The novel approach is reversing the usual taper, but that too has been done to some degree in the past, it just usually wasn't a significant spec in advertising.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Bea just got a 27.5" EBMM Axis baritone. Seems like his actual sig models are still in the works and may include a SSS and a baritone, presumably one with slighter a longer scale if EBMM is willing (his Chapman is 28" and his Gretsch is 29 or 30).

His new band is called Vower. Seems like it's mostly him and ex-Black Peaks guys. I think he said they'll release something this year.

keyanhoushmand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I mean.. that would be kinda cool!
Signature guitars are given out for a plethora of reasons, there is no pre-requisite in streaming numbers, touring experience or anything else. At the end of the day, it's all business. If you can sell a guitar, you will get a signature guitar. Rabea is an absolutely monster player who has a gigantic following of guitar players who hang onto his every word, respect his playing and has had a huge influence on the guitar community over the past decade. Him receving a signature guitar with a company that he has been playing for years makes absolute sense in every single way and anyone who disagrees with this definitely needs to change their mindset as they are probably stuck in the past.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I mean.. that would be kinda cool!
Signature guitars are given out for a plethora of reasons, there is no pre-requisite in streaming numbers, touring experience or anything else. At the end of the day, it's all business. If you can sell a guitar, you will get a signature guitar. Rabea is an absolutely monster player who has a gigantic following of guitar players who hang onto his every word, respect his playing and has had a huge influence on the guitar community over the past decade. Him receving a signature guitar with a company that he has been playing for years makes absolute sense in every single way and anyone who disagrees with this definitely needs to change their mindset as they are probably stuck in the past.
I 100% agree

but also lmao

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Grinding Gears 4 and his new single are great. I'm really looking forward to Vower's first release, which is supposed to be sometime soonish. I'll definitely be giving his sig a hard look when it comes out in April.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Boooo, satin finish. I'll take that Steve Morse sig in that video, though.

Sermo Lupi

Reaction score
I don't know. EBMM isn't known for posting a lot of neck specs, so I'm interested to see how these goes.

If they're mass marketing this eventually, it'll probably be minimal.

This turned out to be mostly bang on. In the recent NAMM interviews, Rabea didn't give exact specs for the changes he made to the regular Saber neck, but he did say it's 1mm wider for the nut width and 'a tiny measurement' thicker for the profile, so presumably another millimetre or two.

Part of me wonders if the depth taper is just EBMM not altering the thickness in the upper register and blending Rabea's spec into the default profile.

Just a crazy sideline idea.... Bea is a massive Nuno fan and has an old N4. The Stephens Extended Cutaway patent is now expired... so maybe they really take a chance on something new over at EBMM.

Apparently a full-fat Rabea signature is coming. Rabea mentions in the video below around 34:20 or so, clarifying that this Saber is an 'Artist Series' guitar with tweaks, whereas he hopes a Signature Model will come out in another year or two.

Maybe that's wishful thinking on his part where the same was speculated by fans of Jason Richardson years ago, but I'd assume Rabea knows more than we do. Considering one of Rabea's final tweaks for this Artist Series was to thin out the neck joint in an arc very similar to Washburn's Stephen's cutaway, I'd guess that he wants to do exactly that. Whether EBMM bites is another matter all together. Sounds like a perfect match, to me, though.

gnoll

Reaction score
This thread is interesting and I have some thoughts.

1) It seems to me like this guy can probably sell lots of guitars and so it makes sense to give him a sig deal.

2) He's probably a cool person.

3) I think it's natural that it feels a bit strange when influencers/salesmen get sig deals. That's new, it didn't use to happen. And I mean, salesmen are annoying. When was the last time someone rang your door to sell you something and you thought "someone make this guy a signature guitar"?