Rabea signs with EBMM

• Thread starter Kwert
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
He's been playing his Custom Duvell most often since leaving Chapman, including on his recent Korean trip:

He was noodling on a Strandberg for a little while too so I had hoped for that, but I assume their willingness to do anything different for his sig would be very limited.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Wait you mean that brand that Petrucci, Steve Morse, Steve Lukather, John Myung, Albert Lee, Omar Rodriguez Lopez, St Vincent, etc etc play?

Yeah won't last a week
Are you telling me the string company makes high end guitars? What's next, you're going to tell me those guys that make the BB preamp make high end guitars too?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Musiscience

Reaction score
Well deserved! Rabea is first and foremost a great musician who also happens to do the YouTube thing. He's much closer to session players like Pete Thorn and Tim Pierce than bedroom channels like Agufish and etc.

Wait you mean that brand that Petrucci, Steve Morse, Steve Lukather, John Myung, Albert Lee, Omar Rodriguez Lopez, St Vincent, etc etc play?

Yeah won't last a week
EBMM could probably discontinue all models but JPs line-up and still be financially viable.

DarrellM5

Reaction score
I'm happy for him and I'm a big fan of his playing. I love the Toska albums, his solo stuff and the guitar work he did with Dorje. I knew he was jumping ship when he announced he was leaving Chapman. I figured he would go to Mayones or PRS though. It looks like this deal finally made him give up his NYXL strings. He's worked with BareKnuckle to develop his Silo signature set and with Victory Amps on designing at least 1 model.

BTW, I really like the Frog Leap version of Africa (the one in Leo's studio), especially the outro at the end. It's currently got 56 million views so I guess I'm not the only fan. It's my favorite Leo video followed closely by Sultans of Swing with Mary Spender.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score

Yeah won't last a week

To be fair, I doubt Morse/Lukather/Lee/ORL are of any relevance to the average player; the majority of their sales are probably coming from their best selling signature series, then what was the poster child for female guitarists, and Myung helping spread word to the bassists.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
To be fair, I doubt Morse/Lukather/Lee/ORL are of any relevance to the average player; the majority of their sales are probably coming from their best selling signature series, then what was the poster child for female guitarists, and Myung helping spread word to the bassists.
I'm not talking about sales. I'm talking about you got some of these vets in the business that have been playing EBMM for years, even decades. Yet (if this dude isn't being sarcastic) they're being compared to other online brands like Solar and Chapman lol.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not talking about sales. I'm talking about you got some of these vets in the business that have been playing EBMM for years, even decades. Yet (if this dude isn't being sarcastic) they're being compared to other online brands like Solar and Chapman lol.

I know, but I'm saying if they're even unaware of those same artists, they wouldn't be releasing just how long EBMM has been around; don't get me wrong, it was a bad take to begin with, but I wouldn't be surprised if most artists didn't realize how long some people have been with them because they're an artist they don't follow at all.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Oh look another YouTube guitar influencer jumping brands to the next flavor of the month. I wonder how long until this brand goes under and stops responding to emails...
???

EBMM is one of the most respected guitar manufacturers in the world. Where did you get the idea that the brand was going to go under and stop responding to emails?

katsumura78

Reaction score
Toska albums are worth a thousand listens :lol:

Or you could, you know... Remove it? :idea:
Toska albums are killer

Butcher the inside of a more than likely $3k+ guitar and tank its resale value? No thanks. Ebmm makes some of the best guitars out there for the money but the addition of boosts and buffers built in isn’t an upgrade. Literally had a spring in the battery compartment snap and had to ship the guitar to Cali for repair. I have another friend who needed his JP15 board replaced. If you run a decent pedalboard you’ll have those somewhere in your signal chain regardless. Psyched to see Rabea get an sig either way but don’t fix what’s not broken is all I’m sayin.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I actually like the idea of an on-board boost/buffer for stupid-long cable leads. I know you can install a buffer on a pedalboard but you still gotta factor in the cable between the guitar *and* the board.
But at least make some kinda bypass? Doesn't even have to be a switch on the guitar, just have some kinda bypass switch on the board.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I actually like the idea of an on-board boost/buffer for stupid-long cable leads. I know you can install a buffer on a pedalboard but you still gotta factor in the cable between the guitar *and* the board.
But at least make some kinda bypass? Doesn't even have to be a switch on the guitar, just have some kinda bypass switch on the board.
The onboard boost is something I never thought I'd use when I had a Luke III but I ended up using it all the time. The push push knob is the bees knees. I never use it on my Majesty though

katsumura78

Reaction score
It’s not a terrible idea. A bypass switch would be the solution there, nothing more annoying than a guitar dying on you mid set. The older JP models needed a battery for the piezo but could still function if the battery died. I totally sound like I’m hating on ebmm and I’m not lol. You’d have to pry the Majesty 7 out of my dead hands.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Might just be me, but every time I see a post online about the new Sabre they’re developing for him I can’t help but pronounce it Sah-bray like that episode in the (American) Office.

Latest posts