Rabea signs with EBMM

• Thread starter Kwert
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
It's absolutely wild to me that someone can be so one track minded about topics like these. It's a subjective art form, in a realm where everyone and their mothers has their own tastes.

"What has he offered to music" is a brain crushing question that basically leads to the same mental illness that is caring about being inducted into bullshit like the hall of fame. Begging the question basically amounts to there being like 50 signature guitars only, ever because basically no one in the modern music space will ever contribute to music like the diamonds in the rough who shaped genres and styles past.

Everything is derivative, @mehegama is basically asking a question that has no answer. He doesn't find value in Rabea's music or his output, and there's nothing wrong with that but pretending like he's looking for an answer for 5 pages to his question is insanely deceptive.

Rabea's talent is proven, his metrics as well, signature guitars aren't these holy grails handed out tournament style anymore. Miss me with that.

mehegama

Reaction score
So if you wandered into a thread and saw somebody make a post like the above, you would you think they were... not butthurt? I recognize that a lack of self-awareness is an essential prerequisite of this posting style, but goddamn figure it out it's embarrassing.
No, I see some people trying to debate someone else on stuff he did not say and persuade him on what to like. Embarrassing? Lol do you live in the real world? Embarrassing why I disagree with some nobodies randos in the internet? Get a reality check mate, you are no one, nobody gives a flying f on what you or I say. I understand your life must suck to take these forums seriously, but honestly get a life.

It's absolutely wild to me that someone can be so one track minded about topics like these. It's a subjective art form, in a realm where everyone and their mothers has their own tastes.

"What has he offered to music" is a brain crushing question that basically leads to the same mental illness that is caring about being inducted into bullshit like the hall of fame. Begging the question basically amounts to there being like 50 signature guitars only, ever because basically no one in the modern music space will ever contribute to music like the diamonds in the rough who shaped genres and styles past.

Everything is derivative, @mehegama is basically asking a question that has no answer. He doesn't find value in Rabea's music or his output, and there's nothing wrong with that but pretending like he's looking for an answer for 5 pages to his question is insanely deceptive.

Rabea's talent is proven, his metrics as well, signature guitars aren't these holy grails handed out tournament style anymore. Miss me with that.
It was more of a loud thought rather than a question. As I said, in my head, I linked a sig model mostly with players that made an impact on the instrument, but apparently I left out the commercial aspect, and in that dimension I think Rabea's deal was based on his social media presence, as others pointed as well. That's it. I did not say he is a bad player, the contrary and I did not say I hate his music. It's not for me but I do not hate it.

Now the 5 pages you mention is because some braindead randos and a troll started debating me on stuff I did not say, using also names on me. Maybe it was my mistake to even bother, but here we are. And you know, even if I had said that Rabea is shite and his music awful, still that would be my opinion. Some people really get butthurt if someone has another opinion and cannot engage in a proper debate, coz as I said, they are brainless and I guess live through these forums and take it personal. It is pathetic.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
No, I see some people trying to debate someone else on stuff he did not say and persuade him on what to like. Embarrassing? Lol do you live in the real world? Embarrassing why I disagree with some nobodies randos in the internet? Get a reality check mate, you are no one, nobody gives a flying f on what you or I say. I understand your life must suck to take these forums seriously, but honestly get a life.

It was more of a loud thought rather than a question. As I said, in my head, I linked a sig model mostly with players that made an impact on the instrument, but apparently I left out the commercial aspect, and in that dimension I think Rabea's deal was based on his social media presence, as others pointed as well. That's it. I did not say he is a bad player, the contrary and I did not say I hate his music. It's not for me but I do not hate it.

Now the 5 pages you mention is because some braindead randos and a troll started debating me on stuff I did not say, using also names on me. Maybe it was my mistake to even bother, but here we are. And you know, even if I had said that Rabea is shite and his music awful, still that would be my opinion. Some people really get butthurt if someone has another opinion and cannot engage in a proper debate, coz as I said, they are brainless and I guess live through these forums and take it personal. It is pathetic.

You didn't really engage in an active debate, you just made a very inflammatory statement.

Walking past someone who achieved something and going "Good for him, but what did he do to deserve that?" carries connotations that you're willfully ignoring, while everyone else picked up. You're just going to ask anyone "Where did I say hate/dislike him", but you implied he doesn't deserve it with an ambiguous statement questioning his impact.

It's in poor taste, whether you see that or not is on you but will be to your benefit to understand if you want to actually hold a conversation where you want to criticize something. Or you can just call him shit and leave, but that's way more on the nose than a weirdly pointed statement about something vague like "impact".

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score

His name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiick Rocks!

kid-rock-rap-rock.gif

mehegama

Reaction score
You didn't really engage in an active debate, you just made a very inflammatory statement.

Walking past someone who achieved something and going "Good for him, but what did he do to deserve that?" carries connotations that you're willfully ignoring, while everyone else picked up. You're just going to ask anyone "Where did I say hate/dislike him", but you implied he doesn't deserve it with an ambiguous statement questioning his impact.

It's in poor taste, whether you see that or not is on you but will be to your benefit to understand if you want to actually hold a conversation where you want to criticize something. Or you can just call him shit and leave, but that's way more on the nose than a weirdly pointed statement about something vague like "impact".
inflammatory statement? Am I not allowed to have that opinion? Why is it inflammatory? Rabea has produced only 2 jams\songs the last 3 years, apart from a few shows here and there with Frogleap (where they play covers), he has not giged since at least 2016, and even then it was a few shows with Chapman. These are hard facts and that's why I said "what has he offered in terms of music, to have a signature?" I do not see why this is controversial or inflammatory. And again if I had said he is shite, which i did not, still it could be my opinion, am i not allowed to have that? I m sorry but if people get hurt coz of some guy in the internet thinks an artist does not deserve a sig model (which is not what i implied as you say), then i m sorry but these people need to revaluate their stance in life. There are way more important things to feel hurt .

I was not the one to start calling names, but when some trolls did I replied. Maybe i just should have ignored them.

Kwert

Reaction score
inflammatory statement? Am I not allowed to have that opinion? Why is it inflammatory? Rabea has produced only 2 jams\songs the last 3 years, apart from a few shows here and there with Frogleap (where they play covers), he has not giged since at least 2016, and even then it was a few shows with Chapman. These are hard facts and that's why I said "what has he offered in terms of music, to have a signature?" I do not see why this is controversial or inflammatory. And again if I had said he is shite, which i did not, still it could be my opinion, am i not allowed to have that? I m sorry but if people get hurt coz of some guy in the internet thinks an artist does not deserve a sig model (which is not what i implied as you say), then i m sorry but these people need to revaluate their stance in life. There are way more important things to feel hurt .

I was not the one to start calling names, but when some trolls did I replied. Maybe i just should have ignored them.

Songs made in the last year.

There’s probably more but I don’t feel like copy/pasting anymore. Some of them are attached to gear demos but they are still composed pieces of music. Whether YOU like them or not is irrelevant. Enough people like them to keep coming back. The reason people like his gear demos is because people like the music he creates to demo the gear, enough to want him to release it for consumption.

https://youtu.be/vBP4uvgPAoE
https://youtu.be/ljPW0Om4gQ8

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score

I can't imagine willingly participating in a space where every single other person involved keeps telling me to sit down and let it go. We've heard what you have to say, there's no need to repeat it and there's nothing for you to win except ruining the good faith others have in your participation on the forum. This isn't TGP, we like to have civil discussions here. You haven't added any new discussion to this topic since the beginning, only repeated yourself or escalated the hostility.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
Plot Twist... @mehegama is actually Leo with designs to keep this thread going forever, because it is becoming a BEA LOVE FEST!

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score

Walking past someone who achieved something and going "Good for him, but what did he do to deserve that?" carries connotations that you're willfully ignoring, while everyone else picked up.

Reread my last comment, I'm just saying your question is dishonest and you're not really seeking any answers because all of the answers don't satisfy you. Might be more productive to email EBMM and ask them instead of the people who didn't cut him the deal :lol:

Just saying he's shit is actually more honest, people say music and artists are shit all the time and people just disagree and move on their way.

Decapitated

Loser
Reaction score
These threads remind me of the ”I Don’t Really Like -Insert Band Name Here- Tell Me What I’m Missing“ threads that happen every week or so at TGP. Member goes on long diatribe explaining why this or that band sucks and dozens of members attempt to explain in excruciating detail why said band warrants some attention/credit. Total waste of time.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
These threads remind me of the ”I Don’t Really Like -Insert Band Name Here- Tell Me What I’m Missing“ threads that happen every week or so at TGP. Member goes on long diatribe explaining why this or that band sucks and dozens of members attempt to explain in excruciating detail why said band warrants some attention/credit. Total waste of time.
Yup - and they post a Rick Beato video where he explains that some song that sold 100 million singles is worth listening to.... like, yeah. It sold a 100 million copies, mate. Speaking of Rick Beato, that is a dude with a signature guitar based almost exclusively on his YT channel, because I don't think that guy played in a band at all. Could be wrong.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Yup - and they post a Rick Beato video where he explains that some song that sold 100 million singles is worth listening to.... like, yeah. It sold a 100 million copies, mate. Speaking of Rick Beato, that is a dude with a signature guitar based almost exclusively on his YT channel, because I don't think that guy played in a band at all. Could be wrong.
He posted a video last week telling the story of the time he was in a band that was gonna make it big but they got crushed by the industry after pissing off Creed. Which is just so hilariously Beato you gotta respect it even if it's completely made up

mehegama

Reaction score
I can't imagine willingly participating in a space where every single other person involved keeps telling me to sit down and let it go. We've heard what you have to say, there's no need to repeat it and there's nothing for you to win except ruining the good faith others have in your participation on the forum. This isn't TGP, we like to have civil discussions here. You haven't added any new discussion to this topic since the beginning, only repeated yourself or escalated the hostility.
Really? I m not gonna tell my opinion coz 3-4 people that happen to agree among them and disagree with me tell me to shut and go? You have a funny idea about discussions and debate. Also go check, my tone has always been civilized and only replied in the same manner these clowns like ArtDecde and Emperoff called me names, in the first place. So if you are ok with them calling me names unprovokedly but you think I m the one escalating hostility, you contradict yourself right in plain sight. Besides, who are you to tell me what to say and like. Get a reality check.

Reread my last comment, I'm just saying your question is dishonest and you're not really seeking any answers because all of the answers don't satisfy you. Might be more productive to email EBMM and ask them instead of the people who didn't cut him the deal :lol:

Just saying he's shit is actually more honest, people say music and artists are shit all the time and people just disagree and move on their way.
Again, it was more of a loud thought and I explained why. This is your perception but it is wrong, do not try to tell me what i think. I stated my opinion, some people disagreed and I engaged in discussion, some called names and that was the bulk of this thread. That s it. Let's agree to disagree on everything, including what you think I said and move on. No need for name calling, or forum policing by randos.

ArtDecade

Barking Pumpkin
Reaction score
So if you are ok with them calling me names unprovokedly but you think I m the one escalating hostility, you contradict yourself right in plain sight. Besides, who are you to tell me what to say and like. Get a reality check.
You should start a poll to see what people think about you. But, be prepared for a reality check.