Random Pics of Your Rig

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

buriedoutback

Reaction score
Pedals (Boss mini pedal boards)
Front of Amp : Isp Decimator // Marshall Guvnor (modded to be like a ts808 i think) // Planet Waves tuner
I'm going to try out a JOYO JF-01 Vintage Overdrive in place of the Marshall Guvnor and see how that sounds.
Loop : Ibanez Lofi // Danelectro Chrous // Danelectro Fish N Chips Eq

Guitar
Ibanez RGA8 with only a Dimarzio Deactivator in the bridge. Neck is just a 5 string bass pickup cover.

Cab
Mesa OS 412

Amp
Stock 5150 where I removed the front panel. Just got this recently. Sounds a lot tighter and more aggressive than my Mesa Triple Rec. I'll run it untill it needs new tubes, then I'll get some JJs and do the Bias Mod. I'll also be adding 2 handles to the top.

pooshoes

Reaction score
Finally getting some time to setup the jam space in the basement. Finding out I need a bunch more cables to get things setup how I want. Just need to a bass rig and I'm set... for a little bit

Jam_Space_zpssqfp90tr.jpg

That is one heavy looking rig :hbang:

ricky bobby

Beef Supreme
Reaction score
IMG_20170117_193206259_1.jpg.html

Just traded an my Hughes & Kettner Triamp MKI for the Mesa Dual Rectifier and Orange OR15. I thought I'd really miss it, but having that Mesa vintage channel back couldn't make me any happier.

Last edited:

volume8

rhythm guitar
Reaction score

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
Love this! Did you have a Live? Been considering upgrading my Live to Studio but really curious if it's actually worth it or not.
Thanks! Glad you like it! (there will be another strymon or two soon)
I did not own a live, but I borrowed one for about a month before I purchased my studio. It's a world apart. It's just as easy to use, but way more flexible. If you're willing to spend the money, it's definitely a worthy investment.

techjsteele

Gear Junkie
Contributor
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my updated guitar rig setup:

Sorry about the quality, but I am a notoriously bad photographer.

Last edited:

mietschie

Reaction score
it has been a long time since i had all my gear together in one place, so i had to take the opportunity to take a picture :D

_MG_2726.jpg

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my updated guitar rig setup:

Sorry about the quality, but I am a notoriously bad photographer.

What is the blue whammy, a bass whammy? How does it differ from the standard, and why if I may ask do you prefer it in the rig? Very interesting as its the first time I'm seeing this. Always looking for ideas to steal....

techjsteele

Gear Junkie
Contributor
Reaction score
What is the blue whammy, a bass whammy? How does it differ from the standard, and why if I may ask do you prefer it in the rig? Very interesting as its the first time I'm seeing this. Always looking for ideas to steal....

Yep, it's a second gen Bass Whammy. I originally bought it for my bass setup, but it did not get along with it. I was going to sell it (even had it for sale here), but then on a whim I tried it out with my 8-strings through my guitar setup. I loved it! The tracking is superb on the low F# string (tracking is even awesome on my high A string on my other 8-string), the 2nd down/up whammy settings are pretty cool for tuning down or up a step and honestly IMO the harmony intervals are much more useful for the tones I'm after.

Fun fact: Using the octave up/2 octaves up harmony setting with a B-E-A-D-G-B-E-A tuned 8-string disrupts the time/space continuum (and probably pisses off any mammal in a 500' radius).

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Man, that's a nice setup. Heavy duty Boss stuff + Chase Bliss + Empress is pretty much what I do, yet we have entirely different sets of pedals!

techjsteele

Gear Junkie
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, that's a nice setup. Heavy duty Boss stuff + Chase Bliss + Empress is pretty much what I do, yet we have entirely different sets of pedals!

Thanks! What are your thoughts on the Tonal Recall? I'm thinking of snagging one for my bass setup.

Latest posts