Rate what the above user is listening to!

• Thread starter Pfalz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pweaks

Reaction score
4/10

Too poppy, needs more prog.

Listen til the end!

5/10

I've never heard of this band before but it was almost like listening to an unreleased Haunted Shores or a Periphery track. The musicians are clearly very talented and technically proficient but I didn't really feel anything while listening to that track.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dcm81

Reaction score
6/10 def. talented but with solo acoustic artists I prever a percussive style or at least bass and melody simultaniously with some 2 handed tapping :hbang:

Damn this is heavy!

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
So it's quite generic and unoriginal... but sweet damn, that was heavy :O So .... it, I enjoyed it! XD

6/10 , enjoyable, and well done, but nothing original.

Amazing stuff! The scores from LOTR were masterfully done. 10/10

So far this album has been my pick for metal album of 2014 and this is my favorite track on it:

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Amazing stuff! The scores from LOTR were masterfully done. 10/10

So far this album has been my pick for metal album of 2014 and this is my favorite track on it:

About a solid 7, I could take or leave the slower, marchy Soreption songs

broj15

Reaction score
About a solid 7, I could take or leave the slower, marchy Soreption songs

7.5/10. It would probably be an 8 or better if the drums sounded different. Just that one drum, idk if it's the snair or what, but it just sounds off. Other than that it was great.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
^ I'd give that a solid 8, really liked it. Particularly the second half... it sort of sounds like a lower-fi version of Deafheaven. Cool!

I just love this band, they're one of my all-time favourites. This kicks ass.

If I could write songs like these guys used to... I would be the happiest dude ever. And writing music constantly, without repetition or hesitation :lol:

ZeroTolerance94

Reaction score
^ I'd give that a solid 8, really liked it. Particularly the second half... it sort of sounds like a lower-fi version of Deafheaven. Cool!

I just love this band, they're one of my all-time favourites. This kicks ass.

If I could write songs like these guys used to... I would be the happiest dude ever. And writing music constantly, without repetition or hesitation :lol:

7/10
I didn't think I would like it in the beginning... but then after about a minute or so I started to dig it. Definitely was interesting sounding... instrumental part towards the middle bored me a little, but the singer was great! :agreed:

Here's an absolute favorite of mine:

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Alan Jackson - 5/10. Country isn't my thing, but the arrangement was decent. Lyrics are pretty cliche.

Hanatarash - I can't tell if it's relatively listenable noise or if I'm just better able to process this sort of stuff since I last gave it a listen. Intriguing. 6/10?

Found this band somewhat recently, nice chill music.

Full album if anyone wants a bigger sample.

Isaac

Reaction score
^ Very cool. I like the film score-esque-ness of it. In fact thefirst minute or two reminded me of a track from The Thin Red Line soundtrack, though of course by the end it's very different. Type of thing I'd listen to whilst reading or something like that. 8/10

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Time to resurrect this sucker.

(Also, 3/10 for the above. Guy's got a very solid voice, but otherwise quite forgettable.)

RCB

Reaction score
7/10

I've always loved super clear/crisp high gain tones on guitars with low tunings. Been a fan of it since 'Digimortal'.

I didn't think the vocals would consist of mainly clean tones...good ones at that. I figured they'd be like the dime-a-dozen screams usually paired with that kind of music.

Nothing I'd go out of my way to listen to, but I didn't expect that to be so palatable to my ears.

Here's a classic:

Good call bringing this thread back to life Xaios. Thanks.
:yesway:

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
8/10, not my normal cup of tea, but it's got a pretty catchy groove. :yesway:

This is what I'm rockin' at the moment:

Semi-pro

Reaction score
Cool thread! :)

8/10 for Acacia. Not usually a fan of "let's cover band X with heavier sound and guttular vocals" but this song works very well with the slow and sludgy style of The Acacia Strain.

I've been trying to get into the new Ihsahn lately:

EmaDaCuz

Brutal yet soulful
Reaction score
Cool thread! :)

8/10 for Acacia. Not usually a fan of "let's cover band X with heavier sound and guttular vocals" but this song works very well with the slow and sludgy style of The Acacia Strain.

I've been trying to get into the new Ihsahn lately:

7/10
I simply don't like the new Ihsanh stuff, but I am a big fun of his first two records.

Can't get this song out of my head in the last couple of days

rokket2005

Reaction score
I've seen that video awhile back in the Ihsahn thread. Every time I hear Ihsahn I think it's pretty good, but I never really go out of my way to listen to more of his stuff. It's also kind of funny to me that someone at the forefront of Black Metal as a genre now makes lyric videos for his songs. I'll give it a solid 7/10

Edit: Guess I was slow scrolling through. I used to be huge into Naglfar, I love Sheol and listened to that album all through college, but I never got any whole albums of theirs since that. I guess I do have a couple single songs incuding Perpetual Horrors in my music library though. Not real big on the whole blackened death scene anymore, though naming your band after a ship made entirely of fingernails/toenails which taxis the dead to hell is a solid 10/10 in my book.

As I write this I'm listening to the deluxe version of the last Chvrches album. One of my favorites of the added songs to the deluxe version.

Latest posts